Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep horrible, number of nightly events have increased, charts provided.
Sleep horrible, number of nightly events have increased, charts provided.
Hello all,

A little background.  I have been on CPAP since 2014 when a sleep test revealed over 50 events per hour.  CPAP usage help me, and everything was going very well (AHI 2-3) until a few months ago.   Then a week ago I received the DS2 from recall and first night AHI was 11.8 and I became concerned.  Since then, I have spoken with sleep doctor's office and they said I was doing well, my average AHI is under 5.  I protested, stating AHI wasn't the only thing to look at and I was having too many nightly arousals, getting no sleep and feeling alround terrible.  They agreed to contact the doctor and he would review CPAP machine data and get back to me.  The next day I got a call that said my CPAP pressure was being adjusted to 10 min. and 15 would still be the max.

I am providing two screen captures one for July 12th before pressure change and another for July 14th with pressure change.  Any comments or suggestion are greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ed.

July 12th

July 14th

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep horrible, number of nightly events have increased, charts provided.
I don’t reply to people having dreamstations - I have never used one so I will leave that to people with the machine.

But you ar showing positional apnea. Also known as chin tucking - it is when your chin drops down to your Sternum and cuts off your own airway.

Chin tucking happens more often when sleeping on your back but it can happen in any position.

Collars have worked well for many people if you can not stop with sleeping position. I have a link on collars in my signature.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Change ur machine ds2 sux it takes a long time to increase pressure when it detects obstructive apnea
Post Reply Post Reply
Staceyburke thanks for the info.  I ordered a collar today, should be here Monday and I will give it a try.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 351 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 102 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,399 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Worrying session last night - hypopneas increased tenfold! BigWing 12 234 03-23-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 268 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 106 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,810 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.