Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep isn't pleasant anymore can anyone take a look at my data?
Sleep isn't pleasant anymore can anyone take a look at my data?
I have been using my CPAP for about 2 weeks now for mild Apnea, diagnosed AHI at 12. My results vary widely from night to night, but they seem to be getting better. My AHIs are going down but my conscious awake time is really high. I feel like I am awake all night long tossing and turning. It has made sleeping not a pleasant experience. Is this just something I need to get used to or can I make some setting changes to help? Also what is up with that one day with TONs of CAs right before I woke up?

my most recent 2 days

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep isn't pleasant anymore can anyone take a look at my data?
Your starting pressure is too low for comfort for most adults.  You might want to raise it to 7 and see if that helps.  Did your sleep study show a lot of CA's?  If not your present CA's may be what they call 'treatment emergent'.  If so, they usually go away or greatly diminish as you adjust to your therapy.

As to just not sleeping as well as usual, that's normal.  It takes time to adjust to having a foreign object strapped to your face.  Hang in there!  It will certainly work better and feel more comfortable as your body becomes accustomed to these big changes.  

Welcome
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the feedback, I’ll adjust the pressure. I feel like my dr just abandoned me when I decided to buy my cpap online instead of with them. Her prescription pressure for me was 4-20!

I had a few CAs in my study but not many. I definitely notice myself holding my breath as I’m falling asleep, so maybe it’s similar when I’m waking up.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm going a different direction on this. Your best results were with low pressure. Of the charts posted, there wasn only one that showed any obstructive events on February 25, and the rest are all central apnea or hypopnea and pressure remains low. With pressure settings at 5-20 and EPR 1, your pressure is mostly very low. I would be interested to see your diagnostic and/or titration sleep study results. I suspect you never had a titration study, and we are seeing mostly therapy onset central apnea.

My recommendation is to use a pressure setting of 5.0 minimum, 5.0 maximum and EPR 1. This is essentially fixed pressure equal to your best results on February 28. I think we will eventually want to try EPR off to see if that helps. In my opinion, the less your machine pressure changes, the less disruption and central apnea you will experience. The reason I am interested in your sleep study results is to see if centrals were a feature during your diagnostic test. Pressure will not treat central apnea, however, low, steady pressure may reduce the frequency of events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are correct, I did not have a titration study. I attached my sleep study here, sorry about the low quality.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The test shows complex apnea, so we are looking for an EPAP threshold that resolves OA, then minimizing CA events. The settings I suggested are for fixed pressure with minimal EPR which is exactly how we approach central apnea. There is a good argument you should be using ASV with that diagnostic test, but you were put on CPAP and the doctor and insurance basically crossed their fingers and hoped for the best.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Health] No CPAP anymore ! ABACON 3 368 02-07-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: apapnoob
Question [CPAP] Sleep Data - removing mask in sleep James87 10 620 01-04-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: James87
  Oscar Data Attached - New User - Can't Sleep! kevinmallard 7 572 12-22-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 789 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.