Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep med for titration?
RE: Sleep med for titration?
(07-16-2015, 12:05 PM)DocWils Wrote: (please don't flood me with your opposite experiences, this is what we find in the majority of cases - each individual is different, of course)

Is this what you call having the last word before the argument? Dielaughing Dielaughing Dielaughing

I absolutely must make one comment... my experience tells me that the level of ... culmination, if you will, may be the differentiator in both the level of energy/satiation afterwards and the ability to culminate things again real soon Bigwink

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2015, 04:57 PM)DariaVader Wrote:
(07-16-2015, 12:05 PM)DocWils Wrote: (please don't flood me with your opposite experiences, this is what we find in the majority of cases - each individual is different, of course)

Is this what you call having the last word before the argument? Dielaughing Dielaughing Dielaughing

I absolutely must make one comment... my experience tells me that the level of ... culmination, if you will, may be the differentiator in both the level of energy/satiation afterwards and the ability to culminate things again real soon Bigwink

I am certain that that is almost a truism. Hmmmm..... wonder if I should do some lab experiments on this.... As I have often said, this forum gives me so many good ideas.....stimulating as all heck....
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Storywizard,

You mentioned that currently you use a mild sleep aid a few times a week. I assume it's not Valerian since you also mentioned that you don't like the way it makes you feel. What about bringing the one you normally use to the titration study? That seems about as close to your normal sleep environment as you can possibly get under the circumstances.

Of course you've been given a variety of, uh, creative suggestions for getting to sleep easily, but just remember that filming will be underway. Unsure :grin:
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2015, 04:57 PM)DariaVader Wrote:

Good one! Big Grin Anyone thought about asking your doctor if a significant other can join you in the lab? I mean, I do have a titration coming up soon! All in favor SAY iiiiiiiiiii Video? What video?? LOL!

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2015, 12:05 PM)DocWils Wrote: ...for men it releases a hormone that puts you out like a light ... for women, sex does the opposite - it seems to wake them up, not put them out...

Are we talking oxytocin? Or something else?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2015, 07:11 PM)TyroneShoes Wrote:
(07-16-2015, 12:05 PM)DocWils Wrote: ...for men it releases a hormone that puts you out like a light ... for women, sex does the opposite - it seems to wake them up, not put them out...

I think its something else, but it has been so long that I forget what that could be...Huhsign

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply

Endorphins.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2015, 07:21 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:

Endorphins.

is that like one of those marine mammals?? Cool

S

Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe that would explain why my head starts to buzz and a warm smile comes over my face whenever I see a picture of Taylor Swift.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2015, 01:53 PM)DocWils Wrote: known to you as Valerian

Everything I know about Valerian is from "Midsommer Murders". Two episodes featured that.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 76 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 144 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Help with settings after BiPAP Titration jd1291 5 164 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Just bought a second hand bilevel, hoping for some help with titration? JohnnyLarueBathrobe 8 276 03-01-2024, 02:31 PM
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Pressure] BiPAP Titration Help - I:E Ratio becomes 1:5 havishem 1 223 02-17-2024, 09:46 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.