Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to the board: Pre Therapy, suspected Central Apnea
RE: New to the board: Pre Therapy, suspected Central Apnea
Yes, good points. You may want to avoid heated tubing on your PAP. There is a thread about them being very high EMF, even if the heat isn't turned on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Really? You will die 10,000 deaths before your heated hose will be the culprit. I liked Jus tMongo's response to this: https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...#pid209242
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Also just had a look at the EMF threat and I found these observations "interesting" at the very least.
Although it is still not clear to me whether these people measured high levels of either HF radiation, magnetic- or electric fields, I would also avoid unnecessary exposure to any of them - especially at night when the body is sensitive and in the process of regeneration.

In fact there is quite some scientific literature available regarding the effects of EMF exposure on the human body (in particular being involved in oxidative stress). Just for a start https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9409438/
But I do not want to start another discussion...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,059 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 152 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 251 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,336 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,512 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,395 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.