Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: EPAP: 9 - 15 PS: 3 - 10
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Sleep study and the algorithm of the machinery
I've had both the Philips Respironics Bipap ASV (can't remember the model number) and the Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt ASV. There was a very noticeable difference in the way the two machines respond to inhale and exhale. The PR tried to force me to conform to its rhythm, driving my breathing at a rate which was not at all comfortable. I found it very hard to get to sleep with the PR machine and was constantly hitting the ramp button - which of course is completely counter-productive. I now realise there are a lot of settings available on the PR which might have overcome these issues but at the time I took the machine as provided.

The Resmed seems to work with me. It responds to my breathing rather than trying to force me to adopt its pace. The transition from inhale to exhale is much smoother. It is a much gentler machine which soothes me to sleep, where the PR kept me awake.

DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
06-05-2014 05:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

(06-05-2014 05:17 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote:  I now realise there are a lot of settings available on the PR which might have overcome these issues but at the time I took the machine as provided.

Also, as you adapt to CPAP therapy things that used to bother you no longer do.

Quote:The Resmed seems to work with me. It responds to my breathing rather than trying to force me to adopt its pace. The transition from inhale to exhale is much smoother. It is a much gentler machine which soothes me to sleep, where the PR kept me awake.

That's all that matters! Sleep-well

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
06-05-2014 03:48 PM
goodonya Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: S9 Vpap Adapt
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: yes shut off with water in it
CPAP Pressure: Mode ASVAuto
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: No longer know the new sleep study instead of a break out of percentage OSA and CSA simply says OSA

Hi, my machine is the S9 Vpap Adaptsv. I was checking just checking back in at the online dealer I bought it from. the price has gone down $1700 dollars since I bought it less than six months ago. This business is just too smart for me. I liked my dumb old life much better.

I will be back this evening. Thanks. It still takes me 8 hours to recover from a night of so called sleep. I have the new sleep study result pressures in my machine and am bearing with it.
06-08-2014 06:49 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
goodonya Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: S9 Vpap Adapt
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: yes shut off with water in it
CPAP Pressure: Mode ASVAuto
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: No longer know the new sleep study instead of a break out of percentage OSA and CSA simply says OSA

Hi again,
I have here the new sleep study. It is very different from my first sleep study.

The technician loading the new pressures in the machine referred to me as having CSA. He had never seen me before and was reading off my sleep study. No where on the sleep study does it say Central Sleep Apnea.

The Doctors Impression: OSA(327.23) on ASV retitrated
Epap min 5
Epap max 10
PS 0
PS 12
----------------
max pressure 25

I wake up with the mask off every night. I put the mask on again and manage a few hours of sleep often waking with the mask leaking.

When I look at the machine upon awakening I see this:
The machine shows a happy face with an AHI of .3

..... and I feel like I have been dragged across a field of cow flops with an old tractor with no muffler.
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2014 10:55 PM by goodonya.)
06-08-2014 10:52 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sleep latency -study results Dagmar 1 83 12-06-2016 10:04 PM
Last Post: chill
  [Diagnosis] Waiting for sleep study results...got Pulse Ox in the meanwhile jds2001 10 316 12-01-2016 03:13 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  sending sleep study to another doctor's office sleepytimegal 3 238 11-30-2016 10:26 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Accuracy of Resmed AS10 vs Sleep Study Type IMSleeplessInSeattle 5 450 11-28-2016 12:11 AM
Last Post: sleepytimegal
  Sleep Study: Nasal vs. Full Mask harmon k 2 325 11-20-2016 06:38 PM
Last Post: harmon k
  When is it time to get another sleep study done. duece12345 7 366 11-19-2016 11:51 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Question [Diagnosis] Sleep Study Report: Lowest Desaturation vs Lowest Saturation blueelement2016 4 260 11-09-2016 02:37 AM
Last Post: blueelement2016