Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie from Greece
RE: Newbie from Greece
(06-06-2017, 05:35 AM)TBMx Wrote: well ... as I said: I have not read anything about the difference of these 2 modes (or that there are this 2 modes)

I only know this because I was asked once (one single time!) if I know anything about that.

this is a Screenshot from PrismaTS (obviously in german) which shows the setting - I would translate it to sth. like "APAP control" or maybe "response"

If I would have to guess my money would be on making the response a bit "faster" - leaning towards how the AutoSet-Algorithm of ResMed works .... but once again: I have never seen this "in action" or read anything about it at all. ... could be very well that it does the opposite and leans more towards the "For Her" Algorithm.
(I took the ResMed-Modes just for comparison as they are very well documented)

I just pointed this out as you seem to be still in the "trial-phase" ... maybe you can figure this out and bring some light into this...

Today I spoke with the Weinmann Biomedical Engineer and asked him about the std and dyn settings found in the APAP setup menu. He searched all the available - to him - software, manuals etc. but couldn't find anything on it, so he e-mailed Weinmann asking them more details on it.

On the other hand, based on his professional experience he told me that most probably the dyn setting should be a more "agressive" algorithm in terms of raising faster the necessary pressures so as to prevent a predicted (by the machine) event. At least, that's what other APAP machines are doing with a similar setting. This opinion seems to me similar to the guess TMBx expressed in his post.

Of course, as soon as I have a more precise and accurate description about dyn setting, I will let you know.

Costas

PS: My last night sleep was great!... Settings were: Pressure: 7 - 16 cmH2O, softPAP: 2 and APAP: dyn. I slept very easily and got up feeling really rested from my sleep. No sense of fatigue, or too much air pressure. AHI: 5/h, while Air leakage median (as usual): 2.5l/min
Post Reply Post Reply
That is so hilarious ... no wait! actually that is really sad. .. but this really seems to be typical especially for H+L (there is the power-on button - press it once to start ... that's all you need to know!)
but nice to know, that there really is no information out there and I simply did not just got bored and stopped looking  Dielaughing

No need to rush that - but I really would love to see the curves of the mysterious "dyn APAP" mode ... if it is no 'problem' and you happen to have them it would be really nice to see them side by side - the very same setting with "std" and with "dyn" ... but there is really no need to change the mode back - but in case the night before today you used the "new" pressure of 7-16 with the std. mode, that would be ueberawesome ... but if it is 'that different' we will see it anyway.

BTW: thanks for sharing the study where they compared the different brands and models ... I always wanted to see a 'real comparison' between each algorithm in the exact same "night" ... was really enlightening to me.
Thanks  very much.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2017, 10:01 AM)TBMx Wrote: BTW: thanks for sharing the study where they compared the different brands and models ... I always wanted to see a 'real comparison' between each algorithm in the exact same "night" ... was really enlightening to me.
Thanks  very much.

This comparison, among other things, drew my attention in this study and "triggered" my idea of writting this thread!... I believe a very interesting discussion could be made around this comparison, for a start.

Costas
Post Reply Post Reply
Unbelievable!... but true!...

Weinmann responded, giving a lot of details on how standard and dynamic APAP settings work!

Thanks

For more information, you can read here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...vs-dynamic

Costas
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 111 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 191 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 172 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 501 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 189 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 285 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 264 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.