Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep study didn't go well, received a Trial VAuto
Sleep study didn't go well, received a Trial VAuto
My sleep study didn't go well so I received a ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto to try for 3 days.

The lab wants to look at my numbers during the 3 days to write me a prescription for a machine. I plan on buying my own autoset from craigslist after i turn this one back in.

The settings are :

Max IPAP : 25.0
Min EPAP : 6.0
PS: 2.0
TI Max : 2.0s
TI Min : 0.3s
Trigger: Med
Cycle: Med
Ramp Time Off
Humidity Level 4

Do you think this will give an accurate reading? I have never used a machine before, other than the one i used during the sleep study.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep study didn't go well, received a Trial VAuto
what do you mean by "didn't go well"? the pressures set on your vauto are high, and an autoset will not deliver comparable therapy - You appear to be needing a Bilevel - that is what you are trialing, and at higher pressure than an autoset will do. Can you give more info?
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2016, 10:44 PM)DariaVader Wrote: what do you mean by "didn't go well"? the pressures set on your vauto are high, and an autoset will not deliver comparable therapy - You appear to be needing a Bilevel - that is what you are trialing, and at higher pressure than an autoset will do. Can you give more info?

I didn't sleep that much so I Don't think they got enough info. They told me instead of taking another sleep study, I should use the AirCurve 10 for 3 nights and turn it back in so they can see the card for the info.

But I was wondering if these settings are good as a base
Post Reply Post Reply
probably. the min EPAP is 6 with a PS of 2 - so IPAP is 8 to 25. pretty broad range
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi PleaseHelp111,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for suggestions and answers to your questions.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2016, 10:44 PM)DariaVader Wrote: the pressures set on your vauto are high, and an autoset will not deliver comparable therapy -

actually, except for the "almost certainly won't get anywhere near it" maxipap of 25, an autoset will deliver exactly the same therapy... if you set it min 8, max 20, epr2.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 216 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 73 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 850 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 117 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.