Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep study results/oxygen desaturation?
Question 
Sleep study results/oxygen desaturation?
I got my hands on my sleep,study today and my oxygen desaturation was 79%. Labeled severe. Ouch. 

So I’m wondering why they never mentioned it. Is this normal? What, if anything, would I do re: cpap settings. Or should I try and have further testing of my oxygen?  

Would appreciate some education on this ple@se. 

Thanks
Karen
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep study results/oxygen desaturation?
I would purchase a recording oxygenn my monitor. I own one of the cheapest that records the entire night. Cms50f

Check around you can find it on Amazon and Walmart I think.

With it it would not be a one time thing - you can do it daily, weekly or monthly.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
You may wish to mention this to your physician and request a home-study oxygen test.
Sometimes a particular sensor will produce low results with movement and positioning.
As per @stacyburke's advice -- many of us have recording pulse/oximeters to watch nocturnal desaturation. Her recommendation is a great start point.
Generally speaking, CPAP does not improve oxygenation levels unless the cause of your desat is a blockage -- and that would show up rather prominently on a chart.
You should download OSCAR and post a few charts for more specific forum advice.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi. Thanks all!!

I did download OSCAR and have taken screen shots from the last three nights. I already posted them on another thread. I didn’t know you could correlate this new oxygen issue with the data from Oscar. Learning something new every day.

Should I repost them here or move this oxygen question to my precious thread? Us oxygen deprived folks don’t think so good. JK.

Karen.
Post Reply Post Reply
You may wish to post the link to your other thread on this post for reference.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 228 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 76 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 531 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 118 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 144 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.