Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why do all my events end on the same last second digit???
Why do all my events end on the same last second digit???
I am starting this thread with a question based on an observation I recently noticed with my sleep events.  When I look at all the recorded events for any specific session they all end on the same second digit.  If you are confused I'll explain. 

In any session when I look at the event times for either an apnea or a hypopnea event I can see the event times will list the time of the event down to the second, that second (let's say ends with a 2, will repeat event after event for the entire session.  I've attached a sample.   

Does any else see their reports this way?

as a data scientist I find this fascinating and well almost statistically improbable as human beings are not digital in nature we are an analog system, I suspect its a reporting issue with either the CPAP or the software.  Though I have to say I can match the times to video evidence using a separate device.

Very curious...

Forgot to add the snippet image of just the times.  

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Why do all my events end on the same last second digit???
For me, your Daily Screen image resolution is so low that I'm unable to read it, even when I zoom in on it. Are you using the "F12" key to capture this image?

If I understand you correctly, you are concerned about the 1/100th second value being the same?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I added a second image with the times listing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking at your second image, the 20-second multiple jumped out at me.

So I just took a look at the F&P loader code in OSCAR, and it looks this machine simply reports whether there was an event of a given kind in each 20-second interval.

Your data scientist spidey-sense serves you well. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 346 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,397 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 265 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 117 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 176 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 267 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Help interpreting non-obstructive events in OSCAR needsleeps 14 767 03-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Last Post: needsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.