zonk Wrote:It would not help if you fit your mask at the lower pressure because as you go to sleep and the pressure start to ramp up the seal might not hold so you need to mask fit at the max pressure or the 95% percentile pressure and to do that if i,m not mistaken is to set the CPAP pressure exactly the same (even if you are using auto mode) in the clinical menu .
I use the climate line in auto mode and set temp at 20/22C which is comfortable for me most of the times and any higher it would feel quite warm and sometimes uncomfortable , it is a personal preference and it varies from person to person so you need to play with it to come up with the right setting that is comfortable for you and it is the same with the other comfort features RAMP (providing it is not long at the min pressure otherwise it would feel not getting enough air to breathe) and EPR which can help with lowering the pressure at exhale .
If the cushions is too large or too small the mask seal would be affected and it should be the right size and fit at the entrance of the nose .(you might want to read mask FAQ,s)
Hello Guest,Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address. Login or Create an Account
Sleep test results. What should I do, now?
03-08-2012, 11:00 AM
03-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Dolla Bill Wrote:SS- I will certainly try your suggestion. The sleep study suggested 11.8 cm/water. I originally set the pressure range at 8/12. This seemed to work well, but I wondered if it might need a greater range. So I set it at 4/20. The pressure felt a bit strong, so I lowered it to 4/14.
03-08-2012, 11:01 AM
zonk Wrote:If the pressure average 10.2 -10.4 is the pressure from the LCD screen data ? then it is the 95% percentile pressure which the machine used for 95% of the time and lower while sleeping and higher for the rest 5% of the time .If you are finding the min pressure at 8 is a bit strong then try set EPR at 3 may help or lower it by 1 or 2 cm/H2O . I would not worry about AHI it is not rocket science the machine does an excellent job and i agree with you that you have to give it time to work and leak could be lower but as you are getting Mr Smiley than it could be just for a very short time when adjusting the mask the software would tell you more but you might don,t want to go there at this stage .
03-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Dolla Bill Wrote:Been about a month and a half since getting serious about CPAP therapy. ITS WORKING! Pressure is down to about 8.1, my average AHI is about 3.1. Getting about 7 hours per night. Feeling fantastic! A lot of other symptoms have vanished - chest pain, indigestion, headaches, "3:00 o'clock in the morning straight-ups"; anxiety, depression, and especially over-reacting to non-serious events.
|Possibly Related Threads...|
|Self test, newbie needs help please||bexiesbruv||9||389||
02-20-2017, 11:40 AM
Last Post: bexiesbruv
|[Diagnosis] Had at home sleep study done not sure about results||Bobbyjones||16||334||
02-17-2017, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Beej
|do overnight oximetry test results warrant cpap?||RL87||10||338||
02-16-2017, 11:23 AM
Last Post: RL87
|Confused about sleep study results||ppca||12||391||
02-03-2017, 08:18 PM
Last Post: ppca
|Resmed S8 Autoset Vantage Pressure results question||D.D.||3||173||
01-26-2017, 09:29 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
|Got my home study results....finally||jds2001||6||538||
01-11-2017, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
|Results from pulse oximeter/ new member||Dw1973||6||370||
01-10-2017, 11:38 PM
Last Post: SaldusMiegas