Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 for her
ResMed Air Sense 10 for her
I am brand new to this forum and have only been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea a month ago. I am using the ResMed Air Sense 10 for her machine. I am still learning how to use this machine and find that I am waking up after only 2-3 hours of use. When I wake up, my machine is off such as no air can be felt within the mask. Could somebody tell me why and how to fix this? Second, I find the mask extremely uncomfortable and I wake up with headaches. Is this normal? Thank you !

Susanne
Michigan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Air Sense 10 for her
Welcome

Has the machine actually shut down after 2-3 hours of use? Like it would if you pressed the start/stop button?
It may be that auto start is set to "ON." It's possible that the machine "thinks" you removed the mask; and has done an auto shutdown.
It may think this if your leak rate is too high. There's also a slight possibility of a defective machine.

So, what to do. If on, turn off autostart. Second, make sure your leak rate isn't too high. I suggest you download the software (see link to sleepyhead at top of page.) Read your SD card with sleepyhead and check for high leak just before "shutdown."

The headaches are likley because the therapy isn't effective until you fix the other problems.

Please, if you can, find out what pressure you are set to; and what type of FFM you are using; and update your profile.

Some people find FFMs uncomfortable. Finding the best mask is the key to tolerating CPAP therapy. You may do better with another type of mask.
(Nasal or nasal pillow perhaps.)

Mongo
California

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Susanne and welcome to Apnea Board
First of all, important if you could please identify your machine, you say above "for Her" model and profile shows "CPAP"model, also put CPAP pressure in profile
[Image: ResMed-AirSense-10.png]
[should say "AutoSet, AutoSet for Her, Elite or CPAP"]
AutoSet for Her is white with floral prints, the rest are black

Here is some AirSense 10 setup pictures and how to get the clinical manual for your CPAP machine, recommended to read it, so you can pass the coming exam http://www.apneaboard.com/cpap-machine-p...ine-resmed

You're not alone, when starting out, you'll encounter all sorts issues but the issues do get resolved with practice and each day gaining more experience. There is a lot of stuff to comprehend but ... a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step
Headaches, usually goes away, once things get dialled in, e.g. mask comfort, leak under control, humidity level sweet spot, AHI below 5, etc ...

As for "the machine is off", maybe you have "SmartStart" ON ... the machine start automatically when you breathe into the mask and stop automatically when mask is removed. You can set to "OFF" and press start/stop button to turn on/off the machine

Some hair pins might do the trick keeps the mask in place
Post Reply Post Reply
Nothing to add yet except Welcome
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SMD38972,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 536 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,322 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 347 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 424 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [Treatment] Three days using Soft Cervical Collar, AHI 6.73, 4.81, 22.28; makes sense? Aldiorg 9 903 11-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] Air Sense 10 SD card LED flashing red BNelson 2 588 10-12-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: BNelson
  [Treatment] Help me make sense of OSCAR data hexecution 4 636 10-11-2023, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.