Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep test results and Dr's Rx finally done
Sleep test results and Dr's Rx finally done
Finally got my sleep study results back yesterday. AHI was 22.8. O2 level was 83%. CPAP Titration 11cm, resulting in an AHI of 1.5 and O2 level above 90%.
Dr. approved an auto cpap with humidifier and nasal pillow mask. Ball is rolling with DME, hopefully will have equipment next week. Looking forward to it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep test results and Dr's Rx finally done
Hey DWalden... Well Done!

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
Yay!! You are on your way. Be sure to get a copy of your sleep study and diagnosis for the future. Doctor's offices close, lose information, purge and you can avoid a future sleep study if you need another machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suggest that while you are waiting that you read the forum and learn the tricks to adjusting the comfort settings. They are not covered by the prescriptions and unless you are the magical "normal default" person, you may want to adjust the settings to who you are.

Figure out what machine you will be getting from the DME, they should be able to tell you that already. get the manual and find out what settings are available, then read the forums about what others have said and are going through to settle into CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
I remember the anticipation of getting setup after diagnosis, and felt very impatient with the wait. Best of luck in your endeavor to improve health and sleep. The biggest challenge for most is getting the right mask or nasal pillows. If you have questions, this is a good place to ask.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DWaldman,
It’s good that you finally got your sleep study results back, now you can move closer to getting better sleep.
It’s great to hear that you were prescribed an AutoPAP machine.
Much success to you as you start your CPAP journey.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2015, 07:09 PM)DWaldman Wrote: Dr. approved an auto cpap with humidifier and nasal pillow mask.
Either you go with Resmed or Respironcis
ResMed:
AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her (integrated humidifier)
AirSense 10 AutoSet (integrated humidifier)
S9 AutoSet (not S9 Escape Auto)

Phillips Respironcis:
DreamStation Auto CPAP (SleepyHead does not support this machine yet)
PR System One Auto 560

Ask the doctor to specify the machine on the script, e.g. AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her (AutoSet mode) pressure range 9 - 13 (can be changed to dr recommendation), ClimateLineAir heated tubing, mask of choice, and add dispense as written. Keep a copy for yourself, never know when needed. Replacement supplies schedules http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...6_Medicare

Post Reply Post Reply
Get a copy of the sleep study. They'll try to tell you it is, like, 500 pages and you'll not understand it. Smile gently and say the summary report will do just fine, thanks. Get a copy of your prescription. Get a copy of the "certification/certificate of need" from the DME. File all this away somewhere safe. Masks and machines need that prescription or certificate of need before you can purchase.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the helpful information and encouragement. I feel blessed that I have a Dr. that will advocate for a good data capable machine. Will let you know how this goes. The sleep study was amazing, they had to fight to keep me walking out with the machine and mask. (slight over statement.)
Thanks to all of you who provide help and support to those of us beginning a new, and strange adventure.
Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2015, 11:04 PM)DWaldman Wrote: I feel blessed that I have a Dr. that will advocate for a good data capable machine. Will let you know how this goes.
The doctor might be an advocate but the DME might not be
You'll need to know how to identify your chosen machine before going to the DME
e.g. AirSense 10 CPAP report AHI, but is not full data capable machine
DMEs can be smooth talkers, they sell ice to Eskimos

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 4 125 7 hours ago
Last Post: OpalRose
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,038 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 184 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 160 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.