Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep test tonight
Sleep test tonight
Ok, Big Saturday night for me. Going to a sleep test. I have been through this before about 10 years ago so I know what to expect. Also, trying to tire myself out today so I can get through the night sleeping!!

My question is, which full facemask should I request? The type is best for me to use vs. nose or pillows...but do you have any suggestions that I can ask them for?

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep test tonight
(10-26-2013, 02:57 PM)Philipg33 Wrote: Ok, Big Saturday night for me. Going to a sleep test. I have been through this before about 10 years ago so I know what to expect. Also, trying to tire myself out today so I can get through the night sleeping!!

My question is, which full facemask should I request? The type is best for me to use vs. nose or pillows...but do you have any suggestions that I can ask them for?

Thank you!

Whatever you feel comfortable with.
Ask the Tech..he might be able to suggest.
Good Luck!
Sleep-wellCoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Philipg33, as you would know most FFMs take some getting used too, I use the Resmed Mirage Quattro but the newest Resmed FFM on the market is the Quattro Air, I have heard of good reviews for it. Good luck with the sleep study, I have one every two years, I don't think you ever get used to sleeping in a different environment with wires attached, let us know your results when you get them. You may also want to look at upgrading your CPAP but that's up to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Philipg33,
Good luck with your sleepstudy tonight. Use whatever mask you feel more comfortable with.
let us know how it goes.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for the well wishes!

I'm pretty confident for this study! I think I've gotten used to a FFM over the last month at home. I am most definitely going to upgrade all equipment. That is the only reason I'm doing this as I needed a Dr. RX to get anything. My test was too old to use and also, I had tonsils and my Uvula removed since I was diagnosed in 2003. I was severe at that time, now I'm "moderate" . Either way, I'm still TIRED!

I will post how it went! Thank you all for the words of encouragement!
Post Reply Post Reply
I will move this over to the Main forum where it can get the attention it deserves.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck with your study tonight!! Don't let the wires tickle! Smile

LOVEDOG
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, how did it go? Fill us in when you wake up...
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
yeah, please let us know how it went.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello all,

Well, unfortunately, they will not tell me the results. I have to wait about 7 days for the report to reach my Dr. I did get the report back from the study without the mask. If you want, I can post numbers. The test said I have "moderate Apnea" as opposed to Severe which I did have 10 years ago. I think it said I have 17 AHI / hour. The one negative it did say is that my sleep efficiency is lower than the the test 10 years ago...

As soon as I hear the results I'll let you all know. Thank you so much for the interest!!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,521 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Using CPAP machine to perform Sleep test ivan007 3 146 04-02-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 4 244 03-28-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 217 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 155 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  Self-administered sleep test? BlueSky1958 6 276 02-29-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 248 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.