Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep test with CPAP machine?
My stats were good 8 months ago: < 1 AHI/hour, etc.

I've been wondering though, if it's possible to self administer a sleep test using a CPAP machine? I don't really know what I'm talking about, but what if I adjusted the pressure to a very low number. Wouldn't the event frequently go up? Couldn't that number be used to determine sleep quality w/o a CPAP machine?

This is mostly a question asked out of curiosity, but I do wonder sometimes how my sleep would be w/o my machine. But there's no medical reason to have another sleep test done.

T

Yes, if you set your machine to 4 (the lowest setting) then your AHI should rise (unless you have been miraculously cured) and give you an approximation of untreated sleep. It likely won't be exact as 4 is still some pressure. You might also feel suffocated on that little pressure preventing sleep and skewing your AHI numbers.
Hi tfield98,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your question; good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Equipment] Are CPAP Oil Infusion Adapters safe for machine? Revivified 11 597 01-18-2017, 08:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 5 7,457 01-18-2017, 06:17 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  CPAP rental period is up...they say come in and get a brand new machine? JustMac 6 220 01-17-2017, 11:21 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Sleep / CPAP diary in Microsoft Access Dagmar 8 226 01-17-2017, 07:16 PM
Last Post: Dagmar
  Question: How to cure exhale forced by CPAP machine? Spunky8 12 376 01-14-2017, 06:57 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  Philips Dreamstation or Airsense 10 CPAP machine stephennic 54 4,853 01-13-2017, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Newbee2016
  Airline travel w/ CPAP machine...? S.L. Ping Beauty 12 496 01-06-2017, 07:28 PM
Last Post: Newbee2016