Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep test with CPAP machine?
My stats were good 8 months ago: < 1 AHI/hour, etc.

I've been wondering though, if it's possible to self administer a sleep test using a CPAP machine? I don't really know what I'm talking about, but what if I adjusted the pressure to a very low number. Wouldn't the event frequently go up? Couldn't that number be used to determine sleep quality w/o a CPAP machine?

This is mostly a question asked out of curiosity, but I do wonder sometimes how my sleep would be w/o my machine. But there's no medical reason to have another sleep test done.

T

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, if you set your machine to 4 (the lowest setting) then your AHI should rise (unless you have been miraculously cured) and give you an approximation of untreated sleep. It likely won't be exact as 4 is still some pressure. You might also feel suffocated on that little pressure preventing sleep and skewing your AHI numbers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi tfield98,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your question; good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP MAchine recording Hypopnea events rodhuy 6 193 Yesterday, 01:00 AM
Last Post: rodhuy
  Sleep Apnea Machine - How many years of use? macheta 3 173 06-15-2017, 10:30 PM
Last Post: PollCat
  New CPAP Travel Machine Comparison sleeplessinnewyawk 12 957 06-15-2017, 12:06 AM
Last Post: Maskup N. Sleepwell
  How to sell used CPAP machine SamStamport 5 256 06-12-2017, 09:55 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 26 14,229 06-09-2017, 09:20 PM
Last Post: Jstuts5797
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 11 420 06-05-2017, 09:04 PM
Last Post: CB91710
  [CPAP] Do i need a cpap machine? sleepysleepy 7 317 06-03-2017, 04:35 PM
Last Post: sleepysleepy