Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep test with CPAP machine?
My stats were good 8 months ago: < 1 AHI/hour, etc.

I've been wondering though, if it's possible to self administer a sleep test using a CPAP machine? I don't really know what I'm talking about, but what if I adjusted the pressure to a very low number. Wouldn't the event frequently go up? Couldn't that number be used to determine sleep quality w/o a CPAP machine?

This is mostly a question asked out of curiosity, but I do wonder sometimes how my sleep would be w/o my machine. But there's no medical reason to have another sleep test done.

T

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, if you set your machine to 4 (the lowest setting) then your AHI should rise (unless you have been miraculously cured) and give you an approximation of untreated sleep. It likely won't be exact as 4 is still some pressure. You might also feel suffocated on that little pressure preventing sleep and skewing your AHI numbers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi tfield98,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your question; good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Saved Data Test Hojo 7 118 08-19-2017, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help repairing Cpap machine plague 9 418 08-14-2017, 11:07 AM
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 28 17,152 08-04-2017, 04:10 PM
  CPAP cured my sleep apnea but had slight trouble breathing when awake. sharp56 1 219 07-30-2017, 02:34 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  Kaiser Permanete CPAP machine and masks mgreene111 4 226 07-26-2017, 09:05 PM
Last Post: CB91710
  Can CPAP machine cause sinus or inner ear infection? During daily regular use. ran-man 4 388 07-20-2017, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  FMCSA Cpap Machine Compliance Bridgewater2010 4 275 07-20-2017, 10:17 AM
Last Post: OpalRose