Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep test with CPAP machine?
Sleep test with CPAP machine?
My stats were good 8 months ago: < 1 AHI/hour, etc.

I've been wondering though, if it's possible to self administer a sleep test using a CPAP machine? I don't really know what I'm talking about, but what if I adjusted the pressure to a very low number. Wouldn't the event frequently go up? Couldn't that number be used to determine sleep quality w/o a CPAP machine?

This is mostly a question asked out of curiosity, but I do wonder sometimes how my sleep would be w/o my machine. But there's no medical reason to have another sleep test done.

T

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep test with CPAP machine?
Yes, if you set your machine to 4 (the lowest setting) then your AHI should rise (unless you have been miraculously cured) and give you an approximation of untreated sleep. It likely won't be exact as 4 is still some pressure. You might also feel suffocated on that little pressure preventing sleep and skewing your AHI numbers.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep test with CPAP machine?
Hi tfield98,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your question; good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 99 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 87 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 187 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Needing help fixing my sleep with cpap nunogarcia 2 160 03-22-2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 305 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 624 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 199 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.