Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep8 AirFit F20 Safety Question
Sleep8 AirFit F20 Safety Question
Hey,

So I didn’t see anything in the instructions not to clean my face mask, since it has memory foam, and I just bought this to keep my supplies clean. However watching videos/reviews I stumbled on one ( https://youtu.be/FGS1y8m2GF8 ) that said I SHOULDN’T clean my face mask because of the memory foam and I need to take it out. I just cleaned my mask and it did change to blue in some spots. 

Is this not safe? Can I not use this mask again?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep8 AirFit F20 Safety Question
If you read your instruction book, and the insert that comes with a new AirTouch F20 mask, it states Resmed will void the warranty on any parts that used the ozone "cleaners." I have the AirTouch cushion. Each morning I clean it with a wet wipe (NO ALCOHOL). I wipe off the plastic part of the mask also. I doubt you would be harmed by using the cushion you wrongly put in the ozone, but it might deteriorate more quickly. These cushions are known to not last very long and are expensive unless insurance pays for them (thankfully mine does). I got 2 months use out of my first one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! 

I am not too worried about the mask warranty. The cost of the actual cushion isn't too expensive on Amazon, and my insurance also covers it. 

And I won't clean the mask with the Sleep8 again so it won't get more damaged!
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been intrigued by masks with memory foam on them. But.....I know the foam doesn't have a long service life and that would frustrate me greatly. 

So, I'll stick to silicon.  Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
My wife and I both have the F20 and clean our masks with soap and water. We usually get about 2 months out of them before they need to be swapped out. As our insurances cover replacements in full, we get them on schedule and as a result have extras. I usually put the swap out date on the corner of the mask so we know when we changed them.

I have found I need to tighten the foam a little more than the silicon to get a better fit and cut down on leaks. I wear my mask a little tighter than my wife does, but then I put it on and I am out like a light.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 47 3,035 18 minutes ago
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,561 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,970 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 983 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,128 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.