Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepHQ in case you're interested
RE: SleepHQ in case you're interested
Geer1

> Fyi Resscan is another program that in some ways is more valuable than both OSCAR and SleepHQ. 

Used both Resscan and OSCAR/SleepyHead side by side for a couple of years.   Dropped Resscan in favor of OSCAR/SleepyHead, mostly for the nuisance of maintaining both sets of data.  If I didn't have OSCAR I would happily use Resscan.   So.. more valuable? meh -- not for me Smile.  

Besides I like an open source software not owned by a medical manufacturer. Not sure why (/sarc) but since about 2020 I have come to deeply distrust big medical companies and their policy making cronies in big Govt. 

No offense to the OP but SleepHQ looks to me like a couple of guys (maybe with some venture capital) grabbed some open source code and built a Software as a Service web site that doesn't add a lot of value but is sure to collect boku moku medical, demographic, and very valuable marketing data about a lucrative target community of prospects.  I wouldn't even register there with OSCAR available to me to give excellent analysis and allow me to keep my data private.  Might be interesting to see what SleepHQ becomes when it grows up. Or maybe the real business model will never be revealed.  

Saldus Miegas

Happy Easter.  Glory to Jesus our risen Savior!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2022, 05:37 PM)SaldusMiegas Wrote: Not sure why (/sarc) but since about 2020 I have come to deeply distrust big medical companies and their policy making cronies in big Govt. 

I couldn't agree with you more. 

No offense to the OP...

None taken. I'm not here promoting SleepHQ with this post. It's just something I ran across in a YT video a sleep tech I kind of like was doing. The sleep tech is a big OSCAR fan...don't think he's too fond on SleepHQ yet. As I said, the only thing I actually like about it is the ease of sharing my data with someone if I want to. 

Happy Easter. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I said more valuable because you can use it as a reference that doctors can trust not because it is a higher quality/better program (which it isnt). If you want to try to convince doctor of something you will always have better luck if using a reputable source (for example referencing a clinical study instead of a forum post).
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes Geer1. If I had to rank the three things I've used to look at my data it would be easy to do.
1. OSCAR in a landslide
2. SleepHQ...has potential
3. ResScan
Post Reply Post Reply
I completely agree with this,
"No offense to the OP but SleepHQ looks to me like a couple of guys (maybe with some venture capital) grabbed some open source code and built a Software as a Service web site that doesn't add a lot of value but is sure to collect boku moku medical, demographic, and very valuable marketing data about a lucrative target community of prospects.  I wouldn't even register there with OSCAR available to me to give excellent analysis and allow me to keep my data private.  Might be interesting to see what SleepHQ becomes when it grows up. Or maybe the real business model will never be revealed."  

As I said there is no info on their home page on who they are and I am not going to create an account to "maybe" find out. 

car54
Post Reply Post Reply
Car54 this is who they are...
https://youtu.be/verZIgQKEYU
Post Reply Post Reply
I like SleepHQ personally. But I also like OSCAR. Kinda use both haha.

What SleepHQ has over OSCAR is being able to easily share your data with anyone. Saves me so much time rather than taking screenshots.
Post Reply Post Reply
The thing that seems to be missing from Sleep HQ is the events flagsat the top. In Oscar you have this of course, and can see at a glance (in about 3 seconds) what has been happening ovetall. 

Then you can  go down to the detail of graphs for presure, leaks, flow limitations etc to understand what has been happening.

Everything is on one page, and you can easily see the logical relationship/interplay amongst each graph. I find this a fascinating set up.

Finally, bit curious why SleepHQ are providing this service, and what do they get out of it, and as creating an enormous data base, is it used for monetisation purposes? Must be catch somewhere??
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 warranty case labrat 3 188 03-21-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Anyone interested in starting an online self-help video chat for people with SA/UARS? JamesD0079 0 346 10-26-2023, 09:56 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  SleepHQ Pro machine eok361 9 983 10-02-2023, 10:27 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  UPS Battery Backup for CPAP in case of power outage puterwiz82 3 1,681 09-04-2023, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Br1sleep
  How do I make the case for BPAP? SleepingFish 18 1,293 08-29-2023, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Does it make a sense to get a CPAP in my case? SidWilliams 1 512 05-16-2023, 10:20 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Resmed H5i S9 how to dismantle case - power supply error kermit43 9 1,416 05-28-2022, 08:43 AM
Last Post: vk3hjq

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.