Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepMapper is up and running! [Philips-Respironics software]
RE: SleepMapper is up and running! [Philips-Respironics software]
I think getting data to a smartphone requires the Bluetooth module on the PRS1. If you're logged in to SleepMapper and go to "Settings", there's a tab on the left called "Data Connection". It only shows Bluetooth between the machine and the mobile app.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't register a account on Sleepmapper in Canada it seems
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2013, 10:27 PM)dpet Wrote: I can't register a account on Sleepmapper in Canada it seems

I am in Canada & have registered with out any problem but it is not working correctly.

So Far I can upload the data to the servers & get Transfer complete & you can remove your SD card & then I will get "Please insert your datacard from your device in order to start"

But after this all I get is "You Don't Have Anything To Display Yet"

I can see the starter info being useful for a beginner but they have some kinks to work out.

I will try again, maybe the server is just slow. Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2013, 12:29 AM)dcgrafix Wrote: But after this all I get is "You Don't Have Anything To Display Yet"

I got that message as well. Oh-jeez
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did get it to work this morning but it is vary basic information.
It seems as if you don;t get any data until the next day (just a thought)
I will send a screen shot.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1041...Mapper.jpg

Hope this helps having a screen shot to look at.

Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply
If that is all they are going to provide information wise what is the point? Back to SleepyHead. Had been using Encore software for reports from first the M series and then System One. I have had to switch to a Bi-PAP AV Auto recently, and Encore will not read it, so I found SleepyHead (with the help of this board !) and have been using that. I had hoped the Resp. Sleepmanager would do more than it seems to. I haven't uploaded data yet as it demands the SD card which is at home and only readable on my laptop. I copy the data over to a Flash Drive from the card so I can look at it in the office, but the Resp. system would not allow me to read it from the flash drive. Will test drive it tonight at home, but not doing handstands yet. Why do the manufacturers think we consumers are idiots and shouldn't see and discuss our information with our Dr.s without a homecare provider in between?
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks to me like it's just a way for Philips Respironics to harvest the email address of PRS1 users. If they were really interested in users being able to monitor their own data they'd have somebody write some decent software and let us set the clocks on the machines.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2013, 05:20 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Looks to me like it's just a way for Philips Respironics to harvest the email address of PRS1 users. If they were really interested in users being able to monitor their own data they'd have somebody write some decent software and let us set the clocks on the machines.

Yep, and I think the same way about ResMed's product also. It's all about PR (Public Relations, not Philips-Respironics)... and about making yet another avenue for product marketing.

At least ResMed is tacitly "allowing" folks to download their ResScan software, kind of "off the radar", though. I wish PR would do that. They lost a sale with me on that. I was a happy Respironics customer, but when the new machines came out (System Ones), I decided to go with ResMeds S9 unit because of the free ResScan software. If PR had any sense, they'd make their software freely available for download like ResMed does; I would have stuck with Respironics had they done that.

Ohwell

I really think that the folks at ResMed (Gil Ben-Dov at least) took our suggestions for a patient-based software package back to the board room, and their legal department decided to dumb it down for legal purposes (can't have ignorant patients changing pressures, after all). Then Respironics saw what ResMed did and copied them.

But these corporate types never did get what we were talking about. (that being patients taking a more active role in their own therapy, and using the analytical software to make small incremental adjustments to our own therapy and tweak our settings to get better treatment overall). They just throw us these little software bones, hoping that will make us feel all warm and fuzzy about their letting us know what our AHI levels and mask fit stats are. Oh-jeez

I really have disdain for that "closed" source type of philosophy. It makes "them" the "overlords" of patient data, and we peons are not allowed to peek behind the curtain of power. That's why I try to use open-source software for all of Apnea Board's apps. That's why we have a Master Member team here who participates in the active development and improvement of Apnea Board. For goodness sake, I would think it's time for companies to realize that their customers are THE PATIENTS, not the DMEs or insurance companies. You would think they would want our feedback and involvement to help make their product more desirable. But all they do is throw us a scrawny bone like these worthless little software apps that are basicly designed to harvest email addresses, and do very little to help patients "take an active role in their own therapy" as this new PR tagline says.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
The thing is, Philips Respironics software, EncoreBasic, EncoreViewer, EncorePro, EncoreWhatever, is all crap. Sure it gives you a lot of the data you want to see and often in a nicely laid out format, but it's so slow and so cumbersome to use. It's like whoever wrote it just patched it together and said, "Good enough!".

I hear ResMed's ResScan software isn't any better.

SleepyHead is awesome, but buggy.

Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, I can't speak about the Respironics software, but ResMed's ResScan isn't really bad, but it is somewhat clunky to use and offers some pretty good analytical tools at least.

But you're right, from what I've heard, SleepyHead is the best option for most as long as they have a machine that is supported.

Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,830 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,613 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,054 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,089 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 375 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,122 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 229 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.