Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Chin Straps [ResMed "Chin Restraint"]
Chin Straps [ResMed "Chin Restraint"]
I notice there has been a few inquiries as to Chinstraps.
I am a mouth breather and use a chin restraint to trin my mouth to keep closed when I sleep. I find that after using one for a few weeks I can actually sleep without it for a while. Than put it back on for a refresher course for my mouth.
I have tried several and found thr ResMed "Chin Restraint" is the most comfortable and best fitting without a lot of extra straps.
Hope this is helpful.

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Chin Straps
(03-13-2013, 07:54 AM)Bompa Wrote: I notice there has been a few inquiries as to Chinstraps.
I am a mouth breather and use a chin restraint to trin my mouth to keep closed when I sleep. I find that after using one for a few weeks I can actually sleep without it for a while. Than put it back on for a refresher course for my mouth.
I have tried several and found thr ResMed "Chin Restraint" is the most comfortable and best fitting without a lot of extra straps.
Hope this is helpful.

Coffee

I have one of these in my collection of Chinstraps and it would be good if it stayed on my head where it was put but it does not, moves as soon as I am moving my heaad on the pillow, so it is useless for me.
The only one which works for me is the Ruby Style Adjustable Chinstrap sold by Supplier #1
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
The second best for me is the Respironics Deluxe Chinstrap but the back strap interferes with the mask headgear.
Post Reply Post Reply
I put my chin strap on first, then the mask over top. This way the mask holds the chinstrap in place.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used many chin straps since the 80's, and tried many propriety types, but the best one is a simple sports headband from Wallmart: Sportline Head Band, 88% cotton. Cost about $5, I don't remember exactly. This one is wider than most and provides better support and lasts a year or so until it gets a bit loose.
I also wear it under my mask headgear.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Respironics Premium Chin Strap III ginzo 5 6,763 09-16-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [Product Review] Ultimate chin strap Walla Walla 6 5,870 02-10-2019, 03:14 PM
Last Post: MitchS
  [Product Review] Avalon Aire Super Delux Chin Strap MobileBasset 10 7,584 09-16-2015, 05:49 PM
Last Post: ginzo
  [Product Review] Carefusion ruby chin strap bryank1 3 6,349 08-29-2015, 09:35 AM
Last Post: big_dave
  [Product Review] Carefushion chin strap me50 9 7,601 12-12-2013, 10:04 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.