Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepMapper software vs. SleepyHead
SleepMapper software vs. SleepyHead
Just wondering - I'm using the SleepMapper software with my Philips Respironics CPAP and the Bluetooth adapter. It doesn't give a lot of information, but does easily let me keep track of things like AHI, mask leak, and how many hours a night I'm using the CPAP. Is there any benefit to moving to the SleepyHead software? And if so, is there any easy way to transfer my data to it each night, or do I have to manually remove the memory card from my machine (which also requires removing the Bluetooth adapter) and then connect it to my computer to transfer the data?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepMapper software vs. SleepyHead
Welcome to the forum, mbressman
SleepyHead gives you more information and detailed data graphs
You need to take the SD card out to download the data, you might need an SD card reader if your computer does not card slot
Once you downloaded the data, put everything back, so the machine can keep recording the data on the card.

Edit: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...s-software
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mbressman,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
SleepyHead gives you a lot more information from what I have read here on the board.
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepyHead is way better. It gives you all the information you need to know to be able to understand your therapy. Sleepmapper doest even allow you to see the type of events you had. Or any flow charts at all. It's basically just a recording tool for your daily ahi which is already displayed on you Pr screen.

Go with Sleepyhead you wont regret it.

Ghandi
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
(08-27-2014, 06:27 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi mbressman,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
SleepyHead gives you a lot more information from what I have read here on the board.
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.

It's not clear where my message should be. I am confused by the foregoing, as I am not mbressman but Coroboree.

My question to anyone and all is where can I get sleepyhead? I've not seen it mentioned anywhere but here. Is there a Mac compatible version for a Philips (Respironics) CPAP data card?
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2014, 04:30 PM)Coroboree Wrote: My question to anyone and all is where can I get sleepyhead? I've not seen it mentioned anywhere but here. Is there a Mac compatible version for a Philips (Respironics) CPAP data card?
Thanks
Welcome to the forum
The link to SleepyHead (SH) is at the top of the page
SH is compatible with Mac but only support Philips Respironics System One machines uses an SD card, not the older M series machines uses smart data card
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-27-2014, 05:26 PM)mbressman Wrote: ... is there any easy way to transfer my data to it each night, or do I have to manually remove the memory card from my machine (which also requires removing the Bluetooth adapter) and then connect it to my computer to transfer the data?

If your computer has Bluetooth (most laptops do, most desktops don't), you can transfer the data to the computer via Bluetooth and then SleepyHead can read it. If your computer does not have Bluetooth you can get an inexpensive USB adapter.

You may have to create a folder to store the data as you download it each day before SleepyHead can read it. It may be possible to create a link to the Bluetooth adapter in the CPAP machine and read it directly, avoiding having to download the data each day. I know you can do so if you have a *Nix computer, probably you can on a Mac, But I don't know about Windows. But for sure you can download the data via Bluetooth to a folder on any computer that has Bluetooth.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-27-2014, 05:26 PM)mbressman Wrote: Just wondering - I'm using the SleepMapper software with my Philips Respironics CPAP and the Bluetooth adapter. It doesn't give a lot of information, but does easily let me keep track of things like AHI, mask leak, and how many hours a night I'm using the CPAP. Is there any benefit to moving to the SleepyHead software? And if so, is there any easy way to transfer my data to it each night, or do I have to manually remove the memory card from my machine (which also requires removing the Bluetooth adapter) and then connect it to my computer to transfer the data?

Thanks!
Hi mbressman, I'm new here also and registered with sleepmapper the other day and boy was I disappointed. They don't tell you really anything that's meaningful. I found this forum and found out about SleepyHead last night and downloaded it and WoW what a difference a day makes...reading this forum and looking at the info now available to me using SleepyHead is really eye opening. I've only been using my machine for 2 weeks and I still don't know much but I think I'm in the right place to get the straight poop. didn't mean to ramble on, but yeah, go for the SleepyHead. Thanks everyone for your helpful posts. Look forward to being part of the forum!
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyhead +10
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay The situation with Philips is unclear to me. I was told by a Philips product man that Philips had discontinued the Sleepmapper project, and that EncoreViewer was discontinued; but now I see a new Philips product website page <www.sleepmapper.com/what_is_sleepmapper.html> that promotes Sleepmapper, and another catalog <www.usa.philips.com/b-dam/b2bhc/us/whitepapers/respiratory-care/product_and_solutions_catalog.pdf> listing another software program Sleepware G3 (Part No 1082462), and manuals (Part Nos 1081398, 1016318 & 106319).

Can anyone clarify the Philips Respironics respiratory care software situation, with respect to Sleepmapper, Encore, and Sleepware G3?

Thanks!

(08-27-2014, 05:26 PM)mbressman Wrote: Just wondering - I'm using the SleepMapper software with my Philips Respironics CPAP and the Bluetooth adapter. It doesn't give a lot of information, but does easily let me keep track of things like AHI, mask leak, and how many hours a night I'm using the CPAP. Is there any benefit to moving to the SleepyHead software? And if so, is there any easy way to transfer my data to it each night, or do I have to manually remove the memory card from my machine (which also requires removing the Bluetooth adapter) and then connect it to my computer to transfer the data?

Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 433 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 621 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,009 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,191 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,101 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo
  Software to read edf file from in lab study? lisaistired 3 686 12-02-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.