Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepMed service. Are they good?Hi
SleepMed service. Are they good?Hi
hi again,

I am new to all this.  My doctor referred me to SleepMed for my CPAP equipment and I am having a hard time getting a hold of them. They left me one message, I have called back several times and left messages.  Am I being impatient or are they hard to get a hold of?

Thanks,

Darci
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepMed service. Are they good?Hi
Search online for SleepMed complaints and you'll find plenty of info on them.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Darci, call your insurance for a list of in-network DME providers for CPAP. Call them and do some research, then choose the provider you want. They will obtain your prescription from the doctor and insurance authorization. Using a provider based on your doctor's referral has mixed results.

Try to get a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset machine. See our Dealing With a DME wiki. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...with_a_DME
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, search for reviews before you commit to anything. For instance, on Yelp, limiting it to Sleepmed locations in California, I see reviews of 2, 2.5, and 3 stars out of 5. As with reviews of any kind, the details provided by the customers/patients/victims can often be interesting.

Sleepmed did my sleep study and were mediocre (yeah, about 2.5 stars). I didn't know until now that they're also a DME. Presumably they did your sleep study? Sometimes that fact won't be advertised (I found out during my study just by chance); Sleepmed is a subcontractor, and sometimes its clinics are integrated into other medical complexes. The one I went to is in a university's medical center and has that organization's name on it, so at first I was assuming that everything was owned & operated by the university.

If the doctor has any tie to Company X, then probably not a good idea to use Company X as a DME. The DME is theoretically supposed to be separate from the clinic & doctors to make financial conflicts of interest less likely. It's better to get DME recommendations from the insurer's patient-service reps.

However, it also depends on what other options you have locally. If none, then <shrug> go for it and hope for the best. If your insurance is covering everything and your out-of-pocket expense is minimal, then maybe it won't or shouldn't matter much which DME you use.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again everyone! I feel so overwhelmed by all of this new information that I am digesting (last night I was reading about battery packs trying to see if I could get a one size fits all for my international travel for work and my backpacking for leisure). Instead of being like myself and researching then reacting I am just whimpering and complaining. Thanks again for your support.

Anyhow, I read my local yelp reviews, got the name of the local customer service rep, talked my way through the very cranky front desk woman (maybe she needs to sleep too) and got an appointment on January 4th.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 72 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 204 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 148 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 178 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 8 624 12-19-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 682 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.