Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepStudy done, new lesson learned
Well, I had my sleep study Wednesday night. What a horror show.

I added a new rule to my list... no fast food for dinner on night of an in-lab sleep study.

Wife and kids weren't home, so I decided to do the drive-thru at BK for a whopper and onion rings for dinner (not my norm). Well, I'm fairly certain my caffeine free diet coke wasn't caffeine free. Even on 5mg of ambien, I had a tough time falling asleep and was restless. The whopper... gave me gas something fierce. I'm still not sure if the tech was horrified or laughing her a$$ off... so bad it woke me up Oh-jeez

Of course the tech wouldn't let me in on any of the results, I only did the polysom, no titration for me that night (although it was supposed to be a split study). Tech did tell me that I would be having an interesting talk with my doc. She at least did confirm I did get enough sleep to have some results.

epic fail
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Onion rings... they do it for me every time.

I wonder if they'll classify that as a "Spontaneous Arousal". Smile

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Somebody should go in after eating a bowlful of chili just so they can proclaim to the gagging technician:

"WHO NEEDS THE MASK NOW?!"
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2015, 01:48 PM)AlanE Wrote: I wonder if they'll classify that as a "Spontaneous Arousal". Smile
NiCe!

(11-06-2015, 01:54 PM)StoopidMonkey81 Wrote: "WHO NEEDS THE MASK NOW?!"
Yeah... should have done wendy's.. chili and a baconator.. they'd be posting my pic with a no admittance flag!
Laugh-a-lot

Post Reply Post Reply
Baconator... Licklips

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is learned in a 'nap study"? oldfart59 11 491 02-05-2018, 08:05 PM
Last Post: oldfart59
  Another lesson, please [swallowing air] coastalhermit 8 467 10-20-2017, 11:41 PM
Last Post: coastalhermit
  Just learned I have sleep apnea, waiting to hear full results of sleep study SleeplessInOklahoma 18 2,161 09-06-2016, 04:41 PM
Last Post: livingwithapnea
  What I learned today about mini-apneas and fatigue or why SH is the bomb Mark Douglas 44 8,449 07-02-2016, 07:28 AM
Last Post: silverny1
Smile [Treatment] what I have learned calliopy2 17 1,409 06-27-2016, 04:55 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  Be careful I purchased use Resmed 8- learned a lesson puglady 22 2,158 05-01-2016, 04:38 PM
Last Post: shewhorn
  60 Days -Lesson Learned 0rangebear 12 2,352 03-19-2016, 12:11 PM
Last Post: 0rangebear