Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Typical BiPAP pressure ranges to treat centrals?
RE: Typical BiPAP pressure ranges to treat centrals?
An update ...

The night before last, AHI 0.42:

[attachment=11602]

Then last night, AHI 4.68:

[attachment=11603]

It's basically all clear airway and hypopnea events, increasing toward the end of the night.

I suppose I could increase pressure, but on the night with higher AHI the pressure isn't getting anywhere close to its upper limit of 10 cm. So I could increase the lower pressure limit, but the idea of setting a pressure floor of 8 cm or higher sounds uncomfortable. Also, could the PAP treatment be inducing the centrals?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Typical BiPAP pressure ranges to treat centrals?
(04-29-2019, 10:17 AM)Dyssomniac Wrote: An update ...

The night before last, AHI 0.42:

Then last night, AHI 4.68:

It's basically all clear airway and hypopnea events, increasing toward the end of the night.

I suppose I could increase pressure, but on the night with higher AHI the pressure isn't getting anywhere close to its upper limit of 10 cm. So I could increase the lower pressure limit, but the idea of setting a pressure floor of 8 cm or higher sounds uncomfortable. Also, could the PAP treatment be inducing the centrals?

You may find reducing the EPR may help try it you have nothing to loose for some users it helps Reduce the CA’s

But CA’s can be very inconsistent and the numbers can be different ever night with no changes to the pressures
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 15 469 Yesterday, 12:40 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 50 2,169 04-16-2024, 02:57 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  AHI increasing and centrals michaelyu15 0 90 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals Boodmaster 17 591 03-31-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 2,112 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 168 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 374 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.