Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Philips Respironics -ComfortGel
Humidifier: Water Chamber for all SleepStyle 200
CPAP Pressure: 6--16
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
SleepWeaver Advance Nasal CPAP Mask
I bought a nasal mask one year ago. I have used it 40-50 times this year. According to instruction I have washed it after each use as it should be. But now white inner layer of tissue impregnation has been crumbled and the mask is freely breathable and as the result does not hold any pressure. Is it possible to repair this mask? What should be made with mask in order to make it keep the air and pressure? Because the mask itself is not cheap, but at the same time it is very comfortable to travel with it beceuse of its small size. What should I do? Could you give me some peace of advise? Any useful information.
02-06-2014 03:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

RE: SleepWeaver Advance Nasal CPAP Mask
Hi Serg,

Not sure this would help, but it can't hurt if the mask is already badly damaged. My dad swears by Epoxy adhesive (the kind that you mix with two different tubes). He's repaired a couple of his masks and tubing this way. Just use a paper plate to mix on and a wooden tongue depressor stick for mixing-- quickly but carefully spread and mold the epoxy all over the area that's leaking and smooth it out.

For additional strength if needed, he would also quickly integrate several layers of a thin cotton-based thread within the wet epoxy and the cotton would soak it up and add to the overall firmness and strength of the repair job.

Let it dry for several hours before use. It will become stiff as a board, so make sure you don't use it on areas of the mask that need to be flexible. oldman

[Image: sy-qs_l.preview.jpg]

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

02-06-2014 04:00 PM
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Serg, also, it looks like the mask has been improved with a new type of seal recently. Not sure if your year-old mask had this, but they're now selling the mask with an "Improved Zzzephyr Seal". Your old one probably isn't the updated version, since they now state (below) that the seal has been changed from light gray to black in color.

Supplier #1 from the Supplier List is currently offering the updated versions for $89.00. Realistically, most CPAP masks are not designed to last more than one year of nightly use.

Here's more info on the updated features:

Quote: Improved Zzzephyr Seal

The SleepWeaver Advance Zzzephyr Seal has been enhanced by reshaping the seal. The improved seal offers a better fit for a wider range of faces. Additionally, the color of the seal has been changed from light gray to black.

Redesigned Soft Headgear

SleepWeaver Advance headgear is soft yet durable. The material pulls moisture and heat away from the user to enhance comfort. Colorful tab attachments are easy to adjust. The design of the headgear offers the needed stability to support the unique inflatable cloth mask. An extended adjustment strap offers an additional four inches on each side and the top, allowing SleepWeaver Advance to comfortably accommodate both large and small heads.

Updated Exhalation

Responding to feedback, Circadiance has updated the exhalation holes for quieter operation. Additionally, the exhalation holes have been reconfigured to offer just the right amount of exhalation without omitting a disruptive amount of air.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

02-06-2014 04:08 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

Hi serg770,

Usually, masks don't last a year but I know some people use them for that long because masks can be very expensive.
It is recommended that you change them much sooner than that. Good luck on getting as much mileage as you can on your mask.
BTW, WELCOME! to the forum.!

trish6hundred
02-06-2014 07:48 PM
serg770 Offline

Members

Machine: SleepStyle 254 Auto

Other Comments:

(02-06-2014 07:48 PM)trish6hundred Wrote:  Hi serg770,

Usually, masks don't last a year but I know some people use them for that long because masks can be very expensive.
It is recommended that you change them much sooner than that. Good luck on getting as much mileage as you can on your mask.
BTW, WELCOME! to the forum.!
Thank you! As for the mask, I am very far from the U.S., and in my country it is expensive.
02-16-2014 11:48 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
serg770 Offline

Members

Machine: SleepStyle 254 Auto

Other Comments:

(02-06-2014 04:00 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  Hi Serg,

Not sure this would help, but it can't hurt if the mask is already badly damaged. My dad swears by Epoxy adhesive (the kind that you mix with two different tubes). ................................................................................​........................................
It will become stiff as a board, so make sure you don't use it on areas of the mask that need to be flexible. oldman
Thank SuperSleeper! This is good advice, but for the stationary parts. I'll know about it.
BUT need advice for flexible fabric. It is in a flexible fabric showered white layer.
Can permeate the fabric with wax? There are other tips? Sorry for my english. Smile
02-16-2014 12:15 PM
Galactus Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Phillips Respironics System One PRS1 DS760P Auto BiPAP
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Airfit P10 Nasal Pillow
Humidifier: System One Heated Humidifier + Climate Line
CPAP Pressure: E/I 13/20 PS 4/7 BiFlex 3
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Sleep can be a good thing.

If you are just looking for the headgear you can find it on eBay at less than $20. I had posted links for you but my post was removed as we aren't allowed to post a link (which I was unaware of). However you can find it there. My company which has nothing to do with cpap supplies ships all over the world, and I could likely get it for you delivered for less than $25 USD. If that would help you please feel free to private message me and I would be happy to help you out.

If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2014 07:55 PM by Galactus.)
02-21-2014 06:48 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

Links are allowed, just not links to commercial sites, no matter what the type of site.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Admin-Note-Apnea-Board-Rules

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

02-21-2014 07:44 PM
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

(02-06-2014 03:28 PM)serg770 Wrote:  I bought a nasal mask one year ago. I have used it 40-50 times this year. According to instruction I have washed it after each use as it should be. But now white inner layer of tissue impregnation has been crumbled and the mask is freely breathable and as the result does not hold any pressure. Is it possible to repair this mask? What should be made with mask in order to make it keep the air and pressure? Because the mask itself is not cheap, but at the same time it is very comfortable to travel with it beceuse of its small size. What should I do? Could you give me some peace of advise? Any useful information.

I don't know about this mask but can you just buy a new cushion or whatever part of the nasal mask you are having issues with? What have you been using besides this mask? Seems it would be less expensive, less work and a lot safer to do that. The cushions aren't as expensive as buying a whole new mask kit.
02-22-2014 03:31 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
vsheline Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt (USA Model# 36007, not better 36037 or 36067)
Mask Make & Model: F10 or SimPlus w/ 2Liners. MirageQuatro & Gecko gel pad
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 15 EPAP, PS 5-10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Marfan Syndrome, chronic bradycardia, occasional Cheyne-Stokes Respiration

Hi serg770,

I think office supply stores still sell "rubber cement" in a small bottle with a built-in brush in the top. It is a glue which dries rubbery and flexible.

I would consider using as little as possible, using a very thin and nearly invisible coat. And perhaps I would not use on the outside surface of the mask where the rubber cement might contact my skin, in case the rubber cement (even when dry) may irritate skin.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
02-23-2014 03:16 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Moisture in My Wisp nasal mask Genetini 3 92 12-05-2016 10:39 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  Sleep Study: Nasal vs. Full Mask harmon k 2 317 11-20-2016 06:38 PM
Last Post: harmon k
Question AHI Higher AFter Switch from Nasal Pillows to Full Mask Sleepypokey 8 509 10-26-2016 03:07 PM
Last Post: Kadenz
  Looking for Recommendations on Lightweight *Nasal* Mask (no pillows) Dreams of Green 16 749 10-24-2016 05:20 PM
Last Post: TheDuke
  Dreamwear Cpap Mask Dolla Bill 21 1,725 10-22-2016 07:06 PM
Last Post: edfreeman
  Any tips for fitting a ResMed P10 nasal pillow mask? Spy Car 40 2,182 10-15-2016 06:11 AM
Last Post: rwelliot
Question Nasal Pillows and Mask Leak resaebiunne 19 1,064 09-12-2016 11:41 AM
Last Post: vcottom