Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepWeaver Anew FFM ?
Question 
SleepWeaver Anew FFM ?
I am curious if any members out there have had any experience with the SleapWeaver 'Anew' full face mask. By looking at the SleepWeaver site it claims to be the greatest thing ever. I would like to see a review from an actual user......
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ??? SleepWeaver Anew FFM ????
Moving this post to the Main forum where it can get the attention it deserves. Also removing the excess question marks as sometimes it causes errors with the forum software.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepWeaver Anew FFM ?
I have been using it for about a week now. Still working on adjustment for minor leaks.
Generally I like it, have been using SleepWeaver Elan for about a year.
Main critique is the nose opening is a bit small and tends to irritate the bottom of my nose above the upper lip and the mouth opening is too far from the nose, so it can wind up in my mouth.
Still, I like it better than the other full face masks I have tried.
I do plan to master it and to use it long term.

(09-13-2013, 06:38 PM)xxl Wrote: I am curious if any members out there have had any experience with the SleapWeaver 'Anew' full face mask. By looking at the SleepWeaver site it claims to be the greatest thing ever. I would like to see a review from an actual user......

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks 'bwexler'. I appreciate the info. I would love to here more about this after you get the adjustments mastered. I'm still not sure what I will end up with as my therapy goes. Still just a newbie.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-14-2013, 02:01 PM)bwexler Wrote: I have been using it for about a week now. Still working on adjustment for minor leaks.
Generally I like it, have been using SleepWeaver Elan for about a year.
Main critique is the nose opening is a bit small and tends to irritate the bottom of my nose above the upper lip and the mouth opening is too far from the nose, so it can wind up in my mouth.
Still, I like it better than the other full face masks I have tried.
I do plan to master it and to use it long term.

(09-13-2013, 06:38 PM)xxl Wrote: I am curious if any members out there have had any experience with the SleapWeaver 'Anew' full face mask. By looking at the SleepWeaver site it claims to be the greatest thing ever. I would like to see a review from an actual user......

I had the exact same problems you did. In addition to which the blowing sound was very loud (isn't it for you?) and it leaked all over for me. I am mightily impressed that you think you can master it. If you happen to develop any tricks to using it without leaks, I would appreciate it if you'd post back. This would be a great FFM if the leaks could be controlled. Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
The key to stopping the leaks seems to be adjusting the head gear.
I am finding that tiny adjustments make significant difference.
I haven't checked my leaks yet on Sleepyhead but my AHI was 2.8 last night. T,hat tells me the leaks can't be to bad.
My main concern now is the seam where the nose and mouth sections are joined digs into the spot just below my nose. It is annoying but not unbearable and I am working on adjustments to cure that.
A call to the folks at Circadience can be helpful and reassuring.
I am planning to call them again Monday morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
But isn't the sound deafening? Or do you just deal with it 'cause there is too much potential benefit to wearing a cloth FFM? I'm thinking if I could get the leaks in control, I could train myself to not care about the "hurricane" sound. You do whatcha gotta do.Sad

(09-15-2013, 11:43 AM)bwexler Wrote: The key to stopping the leaks seems to be adjusting the head gear.
I am finding that tiny adjustments make significant difference.
I haven't checked my leaks yet on Sleepyhead but my AHI was 2.8 last night. T,hat tells me the leaks can't be to bad.
My main concern now is the seam where the nose and mouth sections are joined digs into the spot just below my nose. It is annoying but not unbearable and I am working on adjustments to cure that.
A call to the folks at Circadience can be helpful and reassuring.
I am planning to call them again Monday morning.

Post Reply Post Reply
Once the leaks are under control the sound is greatly reduced.
I may have an advantage, since I also have Tinitus, which provides constant background noise at various volumes. It sounds like the hum of high tension overhead power lines. After sixty plus years of listening to it I have learned to ignore it, but it does tend to drown out other lower volume local noise.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2013, 04:46 PM)bwexler Wrote: Once the leaks are under control the sound is greatly reduced.
I may have an advantage, since I also have Tinitus, which provides constant background noise at various volumes. It sounds like the hum of high tension overhead power lines. After sixty plus years of listening to it I have learned to ignore it, but it does tend to drown out other lower volume local noise.

Thanks for the explanation. I really wish SleepWeaver would work out the kinks on the Anew if a lot of people have problems with it. I would love to try an updated version.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Carcadiance Sleepweaver Anew full face mask optimalsleep 3 987 09-23-2020, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SleepWeaver 3D Cloth Mask RNeil 5 1,606 04-29-2019, 11:39 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  sleepweaver masks ihatesleepapnea2017 3 1,351 04-23-2017, 11:43 AM
Last Post: kowlooner
  SleepWeaver masks - how to get machine to auto adjust? ihatesleepapnea2017 14 2,505 03-17-2017, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sleepweaver Anew Homertwin 13 5,155 01-14-2016, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Barbz
  Problem with Sleepweaver Advance Nasal Mask Mosquitobait 2 1,790 11-03-2015, 11:45 AM
Last Post: bwexler
Exclaimation [Equipment] bad Anew Odor - AFTER washing!! Help! Illisidi 10 3,855 08-26-2015, 12:38 PM
Last Post: truetopath

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.