Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepWeaver Mask
SleepWeaver Mask
Does anyone use a sleep weaver mask? Its made of material and not plastic. The only reason I ask is that no one seems to use it in the states and I know it got rave reviews over here when it came out. It also comes in many colours and styles.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=248]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepweaver Mask
I do not use it, but it is one of my likes on Facebook (if that is any consolation)
Someone once asked me how I adjusted to CPAP so well--I thought for a moment and said I had two choices CPAP or DEATH..The choice was easy..
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepweaver Mask
In the midst of my searching for a mask, my sleep tech showed that mask to me. She said she finally found a use for it with a patient whose skin was seriously allergic to other masks, and had another problem (I forgot what) which the mask also solved. Air pressure inflates it, and you can carry it in a shirt pocket when not is use (if that is something you want to do!). :grin:
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
Has anyone tried the Sleepweaver Elan?
It's fairly new, and it looks enticing. If anyone has tried it I'd love some feedback.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Has anyone tried the Sleepweaver Elan?
(06-26-2012, 08:20 PM)JJJ Wrote: It's fairly new, and it looks enticing. If anyone has tried it I'd love some feedback.

Well heck, it comes in Leopard and Camouflage, how bad can it be?! LOL! It just sounds like another mask to me. If you are having a hard time finding a mask that works for you, this would be yet another alternative to investigate. Never used it though.
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2012, 08:20 PM)JJJ Wrote: It's fairly new, and it looks enticing. If anyone has tried it I'd love some feedback.

Interesting... here's a video of it:

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2012, 09:13 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Interesting... here's a video of it:

Thanks for posting the video. After viewing it I am less excited about the elan. Did you note how much time they devoted to how to eliminate leaks? And how complicated the adjustments were?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2012, 09:36 PM)JJJ Wrote: Thanks for posting the video. After viewing it I am less excited about the elan. Did you note how much time they devoted to how to eliminate leaks? And how complicated the adjustments were?

I sure did... it really didn't look like it was a good solution at all. Just from the looks of it, it appears to be something that would leak terribly. Sad

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'd be worried about cleaning it. I know I can clean my plastic parts on my ComfortGel mask. How do you get the cloth parts clean?

The instructions say hand wash, no bleach, no hot water.

I do find it humorous that the instructions say not to smoke while wearing the mask. Crazy
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can get leaks with any sytem. I actually liked the detail with which the video explained how to eliminate leaks. I wish there were as specific instructions with my Swift FX. A lot of what I learned with my nasal pillows came from trial and error, and from people here on the forum.

While I see no reason to give up my nasal pillows, which are comfortable and working well for me now, I can see how this nasal mask might have worked better for me than the Mirage FX nasal mask that I used to wear. That masks plastic and minimal padding killed the bridge of my nose so much, I had to stop wearing it. The cloth Elan looks like it would be much more comfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,528 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,219 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,757 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Carcadiance Sleepweaver Anew full face mask optimalsleep 3 988 09-23-2020, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,427 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,835 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.