Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepWeaver Mask
RE: Has anyone tried the Sleepweaver Elan?
Hi JJJ, When I was inquiring about the original sleepweaver mask, (about 1 year ago,) I was told by Supplier #18 in the supplier list here on the forum that if you use pressures higher than 8, (I'm at 10,) that it would not be a good choice for a new mask. I don't know if the same would apply for their latest entry, however.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Has anyone tried the Sleepweaver Elan?
I'm interested in trying this mask. It just might work for me. It looks like it might be good for side- and stomach-sleepers like me. The fabric would make the mask flexible so it might not be a bother when it pushes against my pillow.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thoughts on the Sleepweaver textile mask please.
I’m really interested in the textile Sleepweaver masks and was wondering if anyone has tried them? What I really want to know is what are the pros and cons of the mask. Ultimately should I get one!?...
Some of the videos I’ve watched show that you have to learn how to tweak it to get it to seal, was this easy to do and did it seal? I’ve noticed lots of people say it’s comfortable but what makes it comfortable? And what’s the material like – does it feel different to a standard silicon/plastic mask. Finally if I didn’t like it is it true that I can return it for free? Does anyone have any experience of this? Thanks for your Help....GraceyD
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Thoughts on the Sleepweaver textile mask please.
Welcome graceyd!
JJJ got one of those masks and tried it out so I bet he could answer any specific questions you may have. Good luck!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepweaver Mask
The 3 threads about this Sleepweaver mask have been merged together.

Thanks.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2012, 07:43 AM)mjbearit Wrote: Welcome graceyd!
JJJ got one of those masks and tried it out so I bet he could answer any specific questions you may have. Good luck!

No, I have never tried the Sleepweaver mask. I tried it briefly at the DME office, but decided against it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepWeaver Mask
Hi graceyd, First of all, WELCOME! to the forum.! As far as the "Sleep Weaver" mask, see my mention back a ways in this thread. Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2012, 09:49 AM)JJJ Wrote:
(08-21-2012, 07:43 AM)mjbearit Wrote: Welcome graceyd!

No, I have never tried the Sleepweaver mask. I tried it briefly at the DME office, but decided against it.

Okay, I must have mixed them up. I thought that was that "cloth" one that you were talking about awhile back. Oh well, sorry about that!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi JJJ - why did you decide against it? didn't you like it or didn't it work well? G
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2012, 11:36 PM)graceyd Wrote: Hi JJJ - why did you decide against it? didn't you like it or didn't it work well? G

I tried the original Sleepweaver at the DME office, but I decided on the Swift LT instead. (Bad choice!) Eventually I gave up on the Swift LT and went to a Mirage Vista. Then they came out with the Sleepweaver Elan and I considered it. I have a lot of trouble with leaks, and I was concerned that it would be bad for people who roll from side to side all night long, like I do. I also did not like the strap up over my head. I can't stand anything in front of my eyes.

Eventually I got one of the new Pilairo nasal pillow masks. I love it, but have been having problems with it causing small lesions inside my nose. I love the Pilairo otherwise, so I'm still trying to figure out what is causing the lesions and how to stop it.

Masks are a very personal thing and what is right for me is likely wrong for you. In other words, my opinions about the Sleepweaver should be largely irrelevant to your decision. Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,532 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,219 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,758 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Carcadiance Sleepweaver Anew full face mask optimalsleep 3 988 09-23-2020, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,428 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,838 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.