Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepWeaver masks - how to get machine to auto adjust?
SleepWeaver masks - how to get machine to auto adjust?
As explained in my previous threads I can't tolerate silicone masks, which cause extreme skin reaction resulting in permanent skin disfigurement and damage.

I have been using a SleepWeaver Anew cloth based mask for around 3 months now. It doesn't affect my skin at all (perfect!) and I've it sealing nicely as well.

The problem is I am getting symptoms of sleep apea when using this mask.

Data viewed in SleepyHead shows the machine is not adjusting properly when SleepWeaver is used. Any ideas why the machine won't adjust with this mask?

Any suggestions of other non-silicone based masks in the market???????

Desperate here.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SleepWeaver masks - how to get machine to auto adjust?
You will need one more post to show us some data. Your pressure range may need adjusted depending on your apnea events.

Follow the tutorials in my signature line to organize and post graphs.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok I don't know if I've done the Imgur part but here goes... this is my data:

http://imgur.com/a/5nExr

http://imgur.com/a/6qHc9
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome!

I don't have a solution for you, since I'm a newbie myself. But as I react similarly to latex, I "feel your pain".

Are Padacheek types of products helpful for you? (She makes fabric covers for *everything*, and will even custom make stuff.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Hydrangea!!!

I had a super quick look on pad a cheek and that is exactly the type of thing I had in mind. Don't know if it will work but that's the type of thing I want to try next unless someone can help me sort out the SleepWeaver!!!

Was not previously aware of pad a cheek. Thank you so much.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't see anything unusual.  AHI is good, no obstructives, no hypopneas, but a few Clear Airways.  

Your pressure has no reason to adjust when there are no events.  There was a large leak around 12:30, probably from the mask, but not too bad.

The machine will not raise pressure in response to Clear Airway events.  

You may want to lower your EPR setting from 3 to 1 and that may help lower the Clear Airways.

As far as finding a non silicone mask, try calling some of the online vendors like Supplier #1, and simply ask them.

You also may want to consider mask liners to lessen contact with skin.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great! You're welcome.
Post Reply Post Reply
ok thank you. I know if it is not obvious from the data because I was manually adjusting it a lot the past couple of months.

However, as I mentioned, it is the max pressure that has definitely changed since I started using SleepWeaver. I have also had a return of symptoms.

Good suggestion re calling the manufacturers.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see the system autoadjusting toward the end but I also think the settings were altered (increased) to where little adjustment was necessary.

The section below the 2nd chart records every change you make to the settings.  

The summary says you have been doing very well for a very long time.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know it looks good from the data - and it was good from July 2016 to Dec 2016 - it worked perfectly.

However, the Jan to March data is misleading because I was manually adjusting settings.

As of Jan/Feb when I started using the SleepWeaver full time I have had a return of symptoms - I am waking up in the night, i am waking up in the morning un-refreshed and I am exhausted by mid afternoon.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 344 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 219 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 409 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Please help me adjust settings from OSCAR to CPAP deirdrepen 2 290 01-14-2024, 11:18 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Other masks to try? acordeon 5 495 01-01-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 492 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.