Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepWeaver masks - how to get machine to auto adjust?
RE: SleepWeaver masks - how to get machine to auto adjust?
I suspect a culprit is the flexibility of the mask. Just turn off EPR and the pressure will be more consistent and should be much better for you. Using EPR of 3 with a fabric mask is problematic since there is naturally a lot more lag in sensing the pressure change for the machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your suggestion - I have turned off EPR as of now - will wait and see how it goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Two things. First, the Anew mask is a full-face mask. Do you have it set to that setting? Second, the fabric masks don't last as long as the regular masks. You might want to contact Sleepweaver to find out longevity on that mask. Since I use them only when I have sinus problems, it's hard for me to guess the time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes - it is set to full face.

I have two of them. Both under three months old. Both in 100% excellent condition.

As another user has posted the issue seems to be the flexibility of the mask as compared to the plastic shell of a silicone based mask. The machine can't seem to get readings quick enough or accurately enough in order to adjust as needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2017, 11:14 AM)ihatesleepapnea2017 Wrote: Thank you for your suggestion - I have turned off EPR as of now - will wait and see how it goes.

I was thinking about this before I started drinking today Smile

It might also be that the machine interprets any obstructive apnea as a central, and therefore fails to increase pressure.  As a result, you need to get the minimum APAP pressure optimized.  Eliminating EPR is a good first step, but you may need to observe whether you are still seeing events, and assuming that what is flagged as CA may actually be OA.  We don't have a lot of experience with this, but I think we can work with it as long as the unique issues are understood.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 345 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 219 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 409 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Please help me adjust settings from OSCAR to CPAP deirdrepen 2 290 01-14-2024, 11:18 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Other masks to try? acordeon 5 495 01-01-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 492 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.