Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleephead figures
Sleephead figures
Hi I'm new here but have been treated for OSA using CPAP for nearly 9 years. Last week my clinic swapped my old S8 for an APAP machine and I've downloaded some data to Sleepyhead so I can see what's going on while I'm asleep.

Most of the data is self explanatory but one thing is puzzling me. On the left hand side of the Daily screen under the AHI banner, there are four lines, dark blue, light blue, green and magenta. When I expand the light blue OSA section the number and time of each obstruction is shown along with a figure in brackets. Can anyone tell me what that number means?

Thank you for any help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleephead figures
The numbers in parenthesis is number of seconds an event lasted..
As an example a listing:
#009: 03:14:10 (11)
would be 9th event, of its type, that occurred at 3:14:10AM and lasted for 11 seconds.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi BigEars,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't use data management software but hang in there for more answers to your question and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2015, 02:34 PM)BigEars Wrote: When I expand the light blue OSA section the number and time of each obstruction is shown along with a figure in brackets. Can anyone tell me what that number means?

Thank you for any help.

If you click on the event, it will zoom in to the graphs and you can see the event on the flow rate waveforms. In theory, the number seems to mean the number of seconds duration, but sometimes it's a bit of a puzzle where it got the number from. The flow rate graph shows the "real" story.

BTW, if you get the latest "testing" version, 0.9.8-1, it does an even better job of displaying the time interval involved. If you put your cursor over the event on the airflow waveform, it will highlight the time involved.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2015, 03:02 PM)sgearhart Wrote: The numbers in parenthesis is number of seconds an event lasted..
As an example a listing:
#009: 03:14:10 (11)
would be 9th event, of its type, that occurred at 3:14:10AM and lasted for 11 seconds.

Thank you both. That's useful information. Shy
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  my first night of sleephead data Fiddy 8 1,629 02-21-2019, 06:06 AM
Last Post: Fiddy
  Sleephead readings on 5-20cmh therapy Figgy15 5 1,322 07-23-2018, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Figgy15
  Sleephead Question ClearStonePrez 5 2,026 05-14-2018, 12:47 PM
Last Post: gwc2795
  Analyzing SleepHead info needed willis 18 3,342 02-14-2018, 06:39 PM
Last Post: willis
Question [Equipment] sleephead software question The Rog 1 1,038 02-12-2018, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Breath Not Detected on Latest Sleephead Version SideSleeper 4 1,891 06-04-2017, 06:31 AM
Last Post: car54
Question What would a theorectically perfect night Sleephead readouts look? CPAPreturnee 6 1,775 06-01-2017, 01:44 PM
Last Post: CPAPreturnee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.