Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleephead results from my trial
Sleephead results from my trial
Hi again,

I thought I'd try out this Sleepyhead software out of curiosity to see the results from my 4 week trial so far (see attachment summary).

Pretty happy with the AHI stats but a bit confused about the leak stats. I don't feel like I experience a lot of mask leaks (Philips Wisp) but maybe I'm misinterpreting the data?

How do these stats compare to others? What in layman's terms is the "95% Total Leaks" figure?

Sorry if this has been asked time and time again. I tried a forum search but couldn't find what I was after.

Thanks in advance for your assistance Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleephead results from my trial
(07-31-2013, 05:41 AM)mousetrap Wrote: How do these stats compare to others? What in layman's terms is the "95% Total Leaks" figure?
My machine report unintentional leak, your machine report total leak [intentional leak (vents leak rate) + unintentional leak (mask and mouth leaks]

90% percentile leak .... at or below whatever the reported number for 90% of the time using the machine
Chinstrap helps keeps mouth closed and minimize mouth leaks. Washing the cushion each day remove any facial oil and helps with the seal

Post Reply Post Reply
My guess on why your leakage rate is so high is you might have your Wisp mask a little loose.

I have the same mask and here is a screen shot of my SH statistics screen.

[Image: SHStatistics_zps39aacc1d.png]

Sleep-well
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks cbramsey for posting your stats. I must admit I love the Wisp mask but still in the early stages of fine tuning the strap tension etc. Also considering changes (head) pillows to get the comfort right too.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2013, 11:07 PM)mousetrap Wrote: Thanks cbramsey for posting your stats. I must admit I love the Wisp mask but still in the early stages of fine tuning the strap tension etc. Also considering changes (head) pillows to get the comfort right too.

You will often read here the common wisdom about masks: looser is better. I'm here to tell you that it's not necessarily true for all people or all masks. I use the wisp and I had to snug it up pretty tight before I could control the leaks. We're all different, so what works for me may not work for you. But don't be afraid to tighten things up if necessary to control leaks.

Post Reply Post Reply
Do you guys happen to no the intentional leak rate (I think that's the term?) for a Wisp mask?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 129 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 178 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 154 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 127 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,176 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 464 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.