Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleeping 10-12 Hours a Day Even with CPAP [SH Included]
RE: Sleeping 10-12 Hours a Day Even with CPAP [SH Included]
Hi! And welcome!

I have been having *the exact same experience* with my ResMed Autoset 10. With it, I need 10+ hours of sleep, and I feel tired throughout the day.

When I switch to using my DreamStation (using the same settings), I wake up feeling refreshed, and with only 7-8 hours of sleep.

No matter which machine I use, my AHI is the same (below 1).

I cannot figure out why the difference. I'd much rather use the ResMed Autoset 10 because it's so much quieter and I prefer its functionality. But I *need* to feel rested, and to not have to sleep so many hours of my day. So I use the DreamStation.

Good luck. I hope you figure this out... because I'm ultra curious about this myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2018, 04:53 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: Hi!  And welcome!

I have been having *the exact same experience* with my ResMed Autoset 10. With it, I need 10+ hours of sleep, and I feel tired throughout the day.

When I switch to using my DreamStation (using the same settings), I wake up feeling refreshed, and with only 7-8 hours of sleep.

No matter which machine I use, my AHI is the same (below 1).

I cannot figure out why the difference.  I'd much rather use the ResMed Autoset 10 because it's so much quieter and I prefer its functionality.  But I *need* to feel rested, and to not have to sleep so many hours of my day.  So I use the DreamStation.

Good luck. I hope you figure this out... because I'm ultra curious about this myself.

I believe my last sleep study used a Philips machine, Dreamstation. During the sleep study, I slept good, and waked up refreshed. But at home, using my ResMed, i don't feel as refreshed.

I do remember the Philips machine having a more natural and comfortable breathing pattern, then what I'm getting on my ResMed. I found it easy to breathe the whole night. 

I'd like to know why during sleep studies, they would use Philips, then the DME hands out ResMed machines?
I've been to two DME/sleep studies, and both do that.
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
How curious. I believe my sleep study was with a ResMed (it was a black box), but the sleep "doctor" (who was also my DME) issued me a DreamStation.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried using the soft response instead of the standard response on your ResMed? It may be worth a try. The soft response may be closer to the treatment you receive from your DreamStation. The response settings are in the comfort settings of the of the clinician's menu.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone else have trouble breathing through their nose when sleeping? POOKISTAN 7 228 04-23-2024, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Tools for "forced" side sleeping (noodles), do they work Fox66 2 105 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Fox66
  [CPAP] Only sleeping 3 hours a night with CPAP, almost fell asleep at wheel biboombap 11 258 04-19-2024, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Airsense 10 run hours??? eok361 5 170 04-18-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 224 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 19 689 04-02-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 1,134 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.