Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: Resmed Climateline
CPAP Pressure: Auto Bilevel 18/9, PS 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Sleeping Less
(02-16-2015 07:28 PM)novatom Wrote:  
(02-14-2015 05:14 PM)surferdude2 Wrote:  Sounds good. BTW, Don't overlook the opportunity to post your graphs here if you think you may need help with adjusting your therapy. I notice you list 6 cm H2O as your setting. That's considered a low setting. That's not to say it's wrong but just something that sticks out as a bit unusual.

Thank you, I will. My Dr. set my machine to 6 cm H20 when I started my therapy 7 weeks ago and after 3 weeks, decided to stick with it when he saw that I was averaging 5-6 AHI. My next visit is St. Patrick's Day and I may well have my pressure increased. My average right now is 6.09 over my first 47 days. Untreated is 28.

I'd consider that sub-optimal, and would welcome the opportunity to see a typical graph to tell you what might be the problem. Your first 47 days and current AHI fails the efficacy test. Why would your doctor be satisfied?

02-16-2015 08:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
GeoffD Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: Integral + ClimateLine
CPAP Pressure: 14-17
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

(02-14-2015 04:16 PM)hcubed Wrote:  It's been over a month since using the pap machine. Everything is going better than I expected. The stats are good, AHI is 1.7, and I'm feeling a lot less tired and my morning headaches are gone. The only thing I'm a little concern about is that I'm sleeping less. I usually get around 7 to 8 hours of sleep before using the machine. Now I'm sleeping 5 to 6. Like I said I'm not feeling tired but should I be alarmed by the decrease in the number of hours of sleep I get? Do you guys find that you are sleeping more, less, or the same amount with the machine?

I see the exact same results.

Pre-APAP machine, I absolutely needed 8 hours. My new normal is more like 5 to 6 hours. If I'm really short on sleep, I might see 7. I was never a morning person and I'm now waking up 2 hours earlier. I added two bonus hours per day to my life.
02-16-2015 09:57 PM
novatom Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: 460 PR System One REMStar 60 Series Pro CPAP Machine
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Philips Nuance Pro
Humidifier: PR System One Heated Humdifier
CPAP Pressure: 6
CPAP Software: SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments: Professional journalist. Started CPAP on Jan. 1, 2015.

(02-16-2015 08:02 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:  
(02-16-2015 07:28 PM)novatom Wrote:  
(02-14-2015 05:14 PM)surferdude2 Wrote:  Sounds good. BTW, Don't overlook the opportunity to post your graphs here if you think you may need help with adjusting your therapy. I notice you list 6 cm H2O as your setting. That's considered a low setting. That's not to say it's wrong but just something that sticks out as a bit unusual.

Thank you, I will. My Dr. set my machine to 6 cm H20 when I started my therapy 7 weeks ago and after 3 weeks, decided to stick with it when he saw that I was averaging 5-6 AHI. My next visit is St. Patrick's Day and I may well have my pressure increased. My average right now is 6.09 over my first 47 days. Untreated is 28.

I'd consider that sub-optimal, and would welcome the opportunity to see a typical graph to tell you what might be the problem. Your first 47 days and current AHI fails the efficacy test. Why would your doctor be satisfied?

Thanks for the offer but I'm satisfied with my progress which has gotten even better over the past week. In the past 8 days, my AHI has only exceeded 5 once, every other night has been below that. I'm going to wait to see what my Dr. says when I visit him next month. Besides, I doubt very much that he would do a special request to increase my pressure before then, especially since the trend is downward.
02-19-2015 03:04 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Could Sleeping Pill During Test Cause False Apnea Diagnosis Violetskyye 20 1,032 09-23-2016 03:22 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross [Equipment] CPAP Quit while Sleeping kwhenrykerr 3 360 08-20-2016 05:00 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  AHI, leaks, sleeping on your side or back jxyzobrien 2 482 08-18-2016 05:20 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  sleep study: sleeping position storywizard 8 577 08-17-2016 11:34 PM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  MYAIR: PENALIZED FOR PEEING, SLEEPING LATE, OR FILLING THE WATER CHAMBER srlevine1 24 2,709 08-13-2016 05:01 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
Question How am I sleeping? thelister 10 820 08-01-2016 11:04 PM
Last Post: eviltim
  The IDEAL SpO2 while sleeping? TorontoCPAPguy 11 56,983 07-04-2016 09:44 PM
Last Post: pholynyk