Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Would you/Have you, ever gone a night without your Mask On?
This poll is closed.
Yes I have
40.85%
29 40.85%
No I have Not
33.80%
24 33.80%
To Dangerous
4.23%
3 4.23%
Would Consider
5.63%
4 5.63%
If I was Feeling Brave (Drunk)
1.41%
1 1.41%
I would never do something so STUPID!
9.86%
7 9.86%
Dont Know
0%
0 0%
Dont Care
4.23%
3 4.23%
Total 71 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Sleeping Naked
RE: Sleeping Naked
I would find it very difficult to get to sleep without the dream machine. In fact, if I am having a coughing fit when in bed to the point where I need a cough drop, I shut the machine off and take the mask off until the cough drop is completely dissolved. That ensures that I will not go back to sleep until the cough drop is fully dissolved. If I pop a cough drop in and put the mask back on and go back to sleep, things have been rather sticky the next morning.

The answer to the double entendre in the question is - the mask is the only thing that I wear in bed.

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
When I climb into bed I put on my mask. I too tend to watch television or read in bed and I know for a fact I drop off without meaning to so I figure I may as well not pretend and just put the darned thing on so that when (not if) I fall asleep, I am all ready for the party!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
I was another silly person that thought we were talking about sleep CLOTHING!
I felt like a fool when I realised we were talking about masks Oops

Since I have been wearing my mask often in the afternoon when I am about to have a nap I will think I won't mask up but then something just won't let me do it, and I have to put the mask on.
I have to say, since I started wearing on the 14th February 2014, every time I have lay down to have a sleep I have put the mask on. I have been much more compliant than I ever thought I would be.
Not sure why.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 8 884 7 hours ago
Last Post: stevew168
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 155 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 207 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 18 656 03-06-2024, 02:02 PM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Still Having Trouble with Sleeping CcReesezzzzz01 7 445 02-13-2024, 01:39 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Not been sleeping well, just installed SD card and oscar, please help SleepyGrumpy 2 226 02-04-2024, 07:36 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Periodic breathing while semi-sleeping jaredihnen 7 568 11-22-2023, 05:03 PM
Last Post: jaredihnen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.