Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleeping Soundly on CPAP But Not Dreaming
I think that might be my deal too eviltim. I just don't wake up until it is time to get up. So many told me how I would start dreaming and I see no difference with respect to that. It's all good though ... my therapy is going well and I am feeling better. Looking forward to continued improvement.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2014, 12:01 PM)ImaSurvivor Wrote: Prior to my beginning CPAP, I had many telling me I would start dreaming again. I have been on CPAP for almost two months and I am sleeping soundly and better than I have in years. I don't wake up at all through the night once I get to sleep. I have no complaints! I can't however say I have/remember dreams. Maybe I can count on one hand dreams I kind of sort of remember. Not really vivid though. I have often heard you remember dreams that take place just before you wake up. Should I assume I probably am dreaming but just not waking up at a time when I would remember them?
If you are sleeping soundly with the CPAP and you don't remember any wakes during the night and you're waking up reasonably rested and refreshed, then you should assume you're getting the appropriate amount of REM.

Most people don't remember their dreams---regardless of whether they don't have OSA or they're on CPAP to manage their OSA.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I stop mask removal while sleeping? SarcasticDave94 25 688 09-17-2017, 08:55 AM
Last Post: AMESS
  mouth breather, full facemask, back sleeping OK? nosleeptilbklyn 7 394 08-15-2017, 05:47 PM
Last Post: Marillion
Wink Sleeping Apnea Josephe 3 185 08-05-2017, 07:43 PM
Last Post: ajack
  sleep study: sleeping position storywizard 10 1,391 07-19-2017, 10:04 AM
Last Post: chill
  Side sleeping: arms going numb disturbing quality of sleep S.L. Ping Beauty 14 780 07-09-2017, 09:53 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  reading high amount of central apneas while on machine but not sleeping ronstar77 55 2,190 07-09-2017, 11:35 AM
Last Post: ronstar77
  Sleeping position back or side Novello1234 6 389 06-20-2017, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Newbee2016