Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP and Ears
CPAP and Ears
A less serious subject.
Cpap can do a lot of things. Some may not be obvious. When I was younger and before Cpap my ears stuck out almost 90 Degrees from my head. I am not a Prince or anything. I was nicknamed in grade school after a small animal that climbed trees well. About 27 years ago I started plastering my ears to the side of my head every night with cpap mask headgear and chin straps. I still plaster my ears to the side of my head every night but my ears now stay flat against my head during the day. You never know what cpap might do for you.
Has anyone else had a similar experience?

GeneS
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP and Ears
Well, that would do it!

The exterior of the ear is cartilage which can be bent and changed. It takes a while (or surgical procedure) but I can easily see where a head strap would do it!

I've always been concerned that wearing nasal pillows would make my nose holes bigger. So far, not that I can tell.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

I can see how that would work but without having a secondary reason to do it like CPAP most of us would have never had the discipline when we were younger to do it & stick with it & the fact that we or I could only think of using tape to achieve the goal & the fact that we would have given others 1 more thing to tease & ridicule us & be given another nickname.

They do say to try to see the positive in things & I think you just did that.

Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi genes,
That's an interesting side effect, that's for sure, making lemmonade out of lemons, (Ha-Ha-Ha.)
That's one way to avoid painful corrective surgery, HUH?
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
It could just be an age-related change. My ears stuck out the same way when I was a kid, but they flattened down long before I started CPAP. But it's not all good news--now I've got ear hair.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pressure in ears corgan115 3 482 04-03-2023, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Bluesv6
  [CPAP] Racing heart beat and ringing in ears. Kelseyharry7557 3 567 02-17-2023, 06:52 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Ears popping from full face mask arborgent 0 391 01-20-2023, 10:18 PM
Last Post: arborgent
  "Fullness"/Pressure in ears, ears popping. How can I stop this? JustAUser 0 545 10-13-2022, 07:00 AM
Last Post: JustAUser
Idea [Pressure] tinnitus and ears problems with CPAP, need help weuw 16 2,745 05-31-2021, 11:45 AM
Last Post: weuw
  affects of fluid in eustation tubes and ears affecting AHI silversnore 4 858 03-19-2021, 08:50 PM
Last Post: hegel
  [CPAP] Noise in the ears g200 3 857 02-17-2021, 06:31 PM
Last Post: g200

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.