Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleeping less; change from DS1 to ResMed
RE: Sleeping less; change from DS1 to ResMed
I'm thinking the magic trick now is to find the best combination of low events, comfortable to use, sleeping well, and repeatability.

The events look controlled, flow limits at times pop up, leak rates are fine. It could be as simple as getting used to the ResMed pattern. My RT said that comparison of ResMed to Respironics, these each have a signature breath pattern unique to the brand. It might take a bit longer to retrain yourself to getting accustomed to ResMed's pattern.

I don't see really anything to adjust settings over. Have you considered trying Melatonin before bed? It might bring about more restful sleep sessions.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Dave!!  

Yes I do, but Melatonin confuses me rediculously.  The Sleep Neuro (who I've only 'seen' over 6week voice calls) recommends 5mg CVS brand tablets.  The internet says anything more than 0.5mg is overkill.  

So I've been splitting the 5mg CVS pills into 1/4ths and taking those each/every night at 10pm.  Then, sleep usually doesn't come until 3:00am-4:00am
Post Reply Post Reply
My melatonin is a gummy that's got 10 mg per the 2 gummies I take per night. Mine came in a bottle of 100 for about $11 at Wally World.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The question around sleep aid is do have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep? Most can stay asleep once they go fall asleep.

Melatonin is good for falling asleep.

The max I have used and heard for melatonin is 3 mg. Generally I tell people to try 1 mg if that works stay there at 1 mg. If not 2 then 3.

If you can’t stay asleep that’s a different story.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine is I can't fall asleep like I used to.

Apparently my insomnia that I had before my noob phase of PAP (2017) had resumed 9 or so months ago. Unless I take the melatonin, I'm mostly up all night. Then I follow up with sleeping half the day. And it's not a shift work goofy sleep schedule, I've been less than sedentary, AKA full blown permanent Social Security level Disabled since August 2014.

So until I get a completed pulmonary referral to get tested to satisfy them that I have what I have, COPD and Complex Sleep Apnea, and wait for approval for my new big bad blower, I'm chewing up melatonin.

Maybe I shouldn't wash them down with Monster energy drinks. Wink
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a way to change the Resmed 10 time from Miliary Time? johnathanb76 2 27 11 minutes ago
Last Post: johnathanb76
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 3 221 04-15-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 121 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 370 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 172 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 19 635 04-02-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 324 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.