Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleeping less; change from DS1 to ResMed
RE: Sleeping less; change from DS1 to ResMed
I so sorry you are feeling so bad. As you said - your numbers are great but you feel terrible. 

My last suggestion is to make the min and max the same. 

Min8
Max8
EPR3

I have never tried this but I don’t think you could feel much worse. I would give it a try for the night. I hope with the even pressure you can get some sleep.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks I'll try absolutely anything at this point!  Thank you so much.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey wanted to jump in and say I had similar issues.  The ResMed device is so much better at chasing and or attacking events.  You have to redial in the settings completely.  It like going from a Ford Festiva to a BMW.

One thing you might try is in the clinical menu.  Autoset response > set it to Soft

Standard is the Resmed default response.

Soft is not as aggressive it more like the DS1.

Also FLEX in DS1 is nothing like EPR in ResMed.  The settings aren't 1:1 

Do the things Stacey said first.  Change the settings very slowly.  

The good news is your AHI is totally awesome...even though you feel bad. Thinking-about
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank so much you, Factor!  I already had it dialed into Soft.  But I definitely appreciate all suggestions!  8:8 did nothing for me, unfortunately.  I had to switch the Min back down to 7 after a few hours of just laying there because that was wayyyyyy too much air for me.  

Question... In the Oscar Overview, I noticed I never had Flow Limitations before with the DS1... but you can see exactly when they started that first night using the ResMed.  Is this anything?  

Apologies if it's nothing, still trying to figure all this out.  And through a very exhausted fuzzy head. 

Post Reply Post Reply
The Dreamstation records Flow Limitations as a flag, whereas the ResMed uses a numerical value which can be graphed. From the chart you showed, it might be helpful to use the Exhalation Pressure Relief (EPR) set to 3, although I have a better feel for the severity of flow limitation looking at the Daily chart. You may have to enaable the flow limitation graph with widget in the bottom right of the Daily chart.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Pholynyk, I definitely always keep the EPR set on 3.  Is this what you mean about enabling the flow limitation graph on the daily chart?  

Post Reply Post Reply
That's exactly right. From the Statistics in the left sidebar, I would say your flow limitations are not a concern.

I see it took a long time to fall asleep - I know that feeling.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
How in the world do you tell that??!  Wow!  Is it the Pressure graph?  When it begins to squiggle up?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, that pressure sitting at 7, followed by a sharp jump caused by the spike in the flow limitations graph Big Grin

That spike in fl might be a concern if it was repeated, but your 95 percentile value is quite acceptable.

I'd keep everything as it is for a week or two and see how it averages out. Very good so far.
Post Reply Post Reply
Finally cried to my PCP who prescribed Seroquel to help get me over that not-sleeping hump.  Last night's flow limits look a little rough, but I slept so... Win!!  

Based on these two nights (with sleep aids) should I consider continuing with keeping settings dialed in at 8 min, 12.8 max and 3 EPR?  

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Only sleeping 3 hours a night with CPAP, almost fell asleep at wheel biboombap 9 102 5 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Is there a way to change the Resmed 10 time from Miliary Time? johnathanb76 6 97 8 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 3 225 04-15-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 123 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 377 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 174 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 19 642 04-02-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.