Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleeping less; change from DS1 to ResMed
Sleeping less; change from DS1 to ResMed
Seeking guidance: so I fought with insurance and won, received a ResMed 10 Auto three weeks ago replacing the recalled DS1.  The ResMed feels MUCH more comfortable, it's quieter, my AHI's look sooo much better!  

But I'm sleeping MUCH worse these past three weeks, getting broken fewer hours by half each night (only 4-5 hours/night, down from what used to be 7.5-8 hours/night).  Feeling miserable, sleep-deprived, and exhausted each morning!  Nothing else has changed other than the machine; same mask AirFit F30 FFM, humidity use & heated hose.  No new meds, no new pillows, nor anything else new.

The first two pictures are with the new ResMed.  Last screenshot 7/9 was the last day I used the DS1.  Would greatly appreciate anyone's thoughts as to why maybe I'm getting so much worse sleep?  Thank you for looking!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleeping less; change from DS1 to ResMed
I don’t know if this will help much but your EPR is set at 3 and min is 6.  

EPR is exhale pressure relief which means it allows the exhale to be lower to make it more comfortable. The absolute min pressure the machine can go is 4. Your min 6 - 3 would be 3 but it can not go that low. 

I would suggest min 8 and RPR 3. 

EPR also helps with H events and controls flow limits. You had some flow limits and they can disrupt sleep so that setting may help. Give it a try at least and see how you sleep.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
THANK YOU!!!  So, I'll try dialing up the min to 8, and leave the EPR at 3; check!  I will give this a try tonight!
Post Reply Post Reply
Does this look any better?  I know after only one night I won't be able to tell much.  I had a very hard time getting to sleep, feeling like it was too much air, and kept needing to adjust the mask.  But do the flow limits look better controlled?  Thank you!

Post Reply Post Reply
AHI at 0 and less flow limits, yes it looks better.  But it really is how you feel.  If it is to much air take the min down to 7.  Any lower than that your EPR will also go down.  Let us know how you are FEELING in a couple of days.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Will do, thank you so much for your recommendations!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Worse than ever!  My AHI continues to look great, but I feel like walking crud.  Is there anything you good people might see that might give any indication of what I'm doing wrong?  I just want to sleep and feel good, instead of the walking dead!

Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like your flow limits are chasing up your max. I would set max at 9 and that should help you. The pressure will not get over above 9 where you seem to wake up. But your obstructive apnea is nonexistent so it should be no problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks  Thank you so much, will try this tonight!
Post Reply Post Reply
This cannot be right, can it be?  I felt like it was some kind of torture all night.  I'd drift off to sleep for a few minutes, then jerk awake all night.  I am miserable and have a massive migraine.  Does this look normal?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 0 28 3 hours ago
Last Post: coffee9724
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,436 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,712 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 982 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 823 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 206 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.