Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleeping like a boss! With ONE big caveat
Sleeping like a boss! With ONE big caveat
Oh man! Slept like a boss! 10 hours to make up for the cumulative lack of quality sleep for the last week. Small leaks (according to sleepyhead) were waking me up and I was ripping the mask off at 3 hours.

So, I got the Resmedzz pads, but they don't work for me, they slide and didn't help with the leaks. I got a trial pad for the one with the tabs.

Tabbed it up good last night. Nice and comfy with no sliding or leaks that woke me up.

Finally!

Got up to find I was 25 percent over redline for leaks. Before this, I was not above redline most of the time.

So, I've found a comfy way to use the mask, not waking up but maybe 2 times and NOT to adjust a leaky mask.

I've tried the pillows and I don't like it. I have been training my tongue though, incase I want to revisit it.

So disappointed I found a comfy mask that didn't leak, and unbeknownst to me, leaks.

Should have made my screenname NeNe Leaks.

Anyway, I lurk and know this is a common problem, but I thought the comfy tab inserts that I carefully placed via instructions would work. Sleep vs Leaks.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleeping like a boss! With ONE big caveat
Hi NeNeLeaks.. Don't give up! ..Ah ha.. the trials of CPAPing goes on and on.. The leaks are more aggravating sometimes because they wake you up, even though with some leaks you are still getting needed therapy.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi PappinLikeABoss,
I know the leaks can be frustrating, and just a down right pain in the butt; just keep on working with it and don’t be shy about trying different masks if you just can’t tame the one you have now.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2016, 04:04 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi PappinLikeABoss,
I know the leaks can be frustrating, and just a down right pain in the butt; just keep on working with it and don’t be shy about trying different masks if you just can’t tame the one you have now.

I see a lot of mentions here about "trying" masks until you find one that works. Seeing that all the masks I have looked at run $100 to $150, I assume peoples insurance are paying for these "tests"? It seems like an expensive way to find one that works?!
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME allowed my to try any mask I wanted during my first thirty days. Even now, a year later they gave me a five minute trial of an Amera View, and put my on their waiting list for a longer trial. I'm really hoping I can get rid of the chinstrap and bridge of nose red mark. A lot of the on-line sellers sell a 30 day return insurance, to encourage trialling masks until you get the right one. I don't know if the medical insurers cover the cost of trial insurance; I sort of doubt it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2016, 07:35 PM)pholynyk Wrote: My DME allowed my to try any mask I wanted during my first thirty days. Even now, a year later they gave me a five minute trial of an Amera View, and put my on their waiting list for a longer trial. I'm really hoping I can get rid of the chinstrap and bridge of nose red mark. A lot of the on-line sellers sell a 30 day return insurance, to encourage trialling masks until you get the right one. I don't know if the medical insurers cover the cost of trial insurance; I sort of doubt it.

Thanks, that is very good to know. I hope my DME Suppler will be that good, but not from what I have heard about Aprea...

But, I can certainly try online.
Post Reply Post Reply

A lot of the online suppliers, (take a look at the suppliers list at the top of each page, here on the board,) have a 30-day return policy, so you can try different masks; it’s a great way to try them and I have done that several times.

trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
FN,
Aprea in Colo lets me try masks for fit and return for exchange if done within 30 days. If I want to trial a mask they don't carry "in stock" they want PCP script for it. Might query your provider.

Cheers,
otrpu
Love your family, treat your friend(s) well, and don't waste your time. Everything else is just so much BS. Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2016, 03:35 PM)otrpu Wrote: FN,
Aprea in Colo lets me try masks for fit and return for exchange if done within 30 days. If I want to trial a mask they don't carry "in stock" they want PCP script for it. Might query your provider.

Cheers,
otrpu

Thanks, I am brand new to all this and trying to learn as much as possible before my next meeting with Aprea. My hope is that while they are bad in general, my particular office (being in the definition of small town USA) might not be that bad - I hope.

I did call my doctor and ask him to specify the machine I wanted in the script and later called Aprea and they confirmed they were recreating the package for me with the machine he spec'd. Next week I will find to if they did...

It would be great if my particular Aprea office turned out to be okay, but if not, I will simply go online for my supplies and even my machine if needed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 981 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 813 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 203 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 251 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Still Having Trouble with Sleeping CcReesezzzzz01 7 458 02-13-2024, 01:39 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Not been sleeping well, just installed SD card and oscar, please help SleepyGrumpy 2 228 02-04-2024, 07:36 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.