Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleeping longer--how do I reduce humidity within my humidifier?
RE: Sleeping longer--how do I reduce humidity within my humidifier?
Wow!
Incredible post.
Thanks everyone.

Last night (Sunday night I went to fill my reservoir. Saturday night's use had drained it. I slept long enough that my reservoir tub was dry. However, the other issues I used to have I corrected. The tub was clean. There was no odour of "burnt deposits" in my dry tub, because there were no burnt deposits.

Rushing out today, I checked my S9E. AHI was 0.0 Smile 7.3 hours of use because of Super Bowl. Tonight I'll see if I had any water in it on my wake-up.

Sleep quality is so important.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Since then...had a humidifier installed in my house mid winter.
Reason...my ukulele cracked. dried out.
I'm more comfortable now. And the chamber in my cpap humidifier has enough capacity, because the air in the house is more humid
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
My water consumption can vary quite a bit from one night to the other. Only once so far in 8 months, has it run dry. It did leave a film in the reservoir. Some vinegar took care of that easily enough. I quit using distilled water some time ago.

I've experimented around with the humidity settings on my machine. I didn't feel a whole lot of overall difference. Then again, I'm not very sensitive to humidity in this type of scenario. 

My reservoir still looks like new. I've heard of some tending to leak as they get older. None here so far.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Big Guy.
My new humidifier chamber is easier to use. The max level is much easier to see. Thanks ResMed.
I'm contemplating going back to distilled water.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 359 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 345 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 981 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 813 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 203 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 249 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.