Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleeping problems for years, desperately hoping CPAP will save my life!
RE: Sleeping problems for years, desperately hoping CPAP will save my life!
Hi All,

Im back. Thank you for the advice on the RLS.
I have swtiched to the F20 face mask and tried it last night on .08cm max and EPR of 2.

I felt that the pressure was easy and may have been too low.
I eventually got to sleep however woke up twice with a feeling that i was suffocating or gasping for air. I took it off after3-4 hours sleeps.
I understand that i cant get OSCAR date with the F & J machine however i sent some data for Bonjour seeing if hemight be able to generate something from it.

I am not sure where to go from here. I understand that its hard to provide advice without seeing comprehensive diagnostics. I have asked sleep doctor to send me clinicians data everyday.

Should i consider increased max cm to 0.9 and increasing EPR? I read on some forums that might help.

Thanks.

Baswold.
Post Reply Post Reply
My husband had bad restless leg syndrome for many years.  He would often wake me up with all his movement.  After being on apap for many months, his rls basically went away.  He only rarely jiggles just a little bit now, but nothing like before.  It was one of his many happy surprise results from apap therapy.  Maybe it will help you with this too!
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Deborah. Thats my hope too.
My Sleep scientist is suggesting there was no sleep apnea events and mask leakage was low and that i should keep using it as it likely just a matter off getting used to it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 17 1,889 4 hours ago
Last Post: clan
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 8 890 Yesterday, 05:34 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 155 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 209 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 143 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 18 658 03-06-2024, 02:02 PM
Last Post: rltarbu
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 144 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.