Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepless in Seattle
I would roll with the current settings for at least 3 more nights, and see how it turns out.  It was quite interesting that the CA events reduced as changes usually result in slight increase for a couple days.

Can you also re-post Jul 10 and Jul 9 with these new screen settings?

I noticed that RERA is much higher with adjustment to CFlex = 3, and would be interesting to see if these subside.  These are real arousals that are due to respiration efforts.  It is no wonder that night felt like a beating.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll get those other dates up with the new Y axis. Just thought of one other thing! I turned the humidifier of last night in the provider screen. I left the humidifier tank attached but it was empty and dry. Could this have effected the machine functionality? I remember reading something that if you choose not to humidify that you should detach the unit and use the direct plug into the DreamStation primary unit.

Not sure if this might have an effect but it sure is interesting how high my AHI spiked and like you noticed not many CA events at all mostly other events.

GuppyDRV
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello all,

Fast update. My AHI had been stable under 1 for several weeks and I was feeling good each morning. The last week or ten days it has gone up to around two and I feel less rested. No changes to any settings, gear or environment. I'm also having RERA and flow limits so the RDI is even higher. My doctor feels a fixed pressure is what I need and I'm thinking of giving this a try.

Should I stay in Auto and just set min max the same or go to CPAP mode. If I switch modes what effect will CFlex+ have? Is it similar to Aflex? I tried Cflex one night and actually like the feel better but my AHI was way higher almost 4 compaired to less than one at the time.

Any suggestions would be great. I'm getting there with some ups and downs.

GuppyDRV
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Best DME Provider In Seattle jdana24 14 879 05-31-2017, 10:56 PM
Last Post: Ephraimh
  Did you watch? Sleepless in America DonC 12 1,765 11-22-2015, 03:59 PM
Last Post: jolycu
  Sleepless in America TyroneShoes 8 1,771 12-04-2014, 09:04 PM
Last Post: TyroneShoes
  [News] “Sleepless in America” - National Geographic Special ApneaNews 1 1,176 11-20-2014, 05:06 PM
Last Post: surferdude2
  Sleepless Partner Exhausted 9 2,647 02-27-2014, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Peter_C