Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepless in Seattle
RE: Sleepless in Seattle
It's fine to have it at 10cm. Setting a higher upper limit allows for those special moments. It would only get used if you need it. Having it set too low would get added to useless things like altitude above you and runway behind you.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2017, 01:27 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: It's fine to have it at 10cm. Setting a higher upper limit allows for those special moments. It would only get used if you need it.  Having it set too low would get added to useless things like altitude above you and runway behind you.

Great analogy!

GuppyDRV
Post Reply Post Reply
ha ha. great. under 3 woo hoo!
Post Reply Post Reply
So.....it's been a while since my last update so I thought I would post some new data and give a small summation of my progress. I have learned much by reading others journeys!

My brain has finally started to accept the CPAP therapy and thusly I'm sleeping better. The most noticeable difference is with time required to fall asleep. I'm not back to normal but doing much better. I have been sleeping through the night and have a 30 day average right at 8:00 hours. I would still like to see this expand a bit but am happy with the progress. My AHI numbers are now sub 1 on all nights but I'm still not really feeling any better. The best I can describe is that I am feeling the same as before but requiring almost 2 hours less sleep a night to achieve the same result. Not a bad thing but not yet where I hope to be.

I have also purchased the DreamStation Go Auto travel machine and have logged 8 nights using the new equipment. I'll post a more detailed write up on the specific thread discussing this new machine but in short I think it's great. I tiny bit louder but way more responsive if that makes sense. More to follow with regard to this.

The two charts are for last night using the DreamStation and for June 25 using the DreamStation GO. If anyone has some time I would really appreciate some help in fine tuning my settings. My Sleep Doctor would eventually like me to be on a fixed setting.....thoughts? I know the AHI is low but I almost feel like I still need to cut some of the other events out to get a good night sleep. Additionally, can someone explain Periodic Breathing? This shows up from time to time but not every night.

I truly appreciate the help and I'll update as I go. I hope it helps.

GuppyDRV

June 25 data, sorry I had to delete an old file in order to upload this screenshot.

GuppyDRV
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry sorry not to include this information but the times on my charts are off by two hours. I'm pacific time and my computer is set to central time.

GuppyDRV
Post Reply Post Reply
I wouldn't change a thing, except learn how to use imgur to store your images so you can keep older historical charts while posting new ones.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quick question about Sleepyhead,

I have two machines and last night I split the night and used each. When I import the data into Sleepyhead it appears to only pick up the first session on machine one and not blend the data with machine two. Is this correct or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help.

GuppyDRV
Post Reply Post Reply
so......my first post trying the imgur format for attaching images.

I'm finding that I have several nights in a row with good AHI and more importantly good quality sleep. The first two images show this pattern. Unfortunately, I'm also finding that I am having nights with higher AHI and not sleeping well, image three. All things considered there doesn't seem to be any differentiating factors between good and bad nights. The one thing I notice is that the additional events all seem to be Clear Airway events.

Any thoughts on what might be happening or what I might do to correct this in the future. The quality of sleep I'm getting is deffinatly less on the Higher AHI nights so I would like to find a bit more consistency.

Thanks for all the help in my journey.

GuppyDRV

[/url]http://imgur.com/iuTVC7Z

[Image: iuTVC7Zl.png]

[url=http://imgur.com/XZcTG8s]http://imgur.com/XZcTG8s

[Image: XZcTG8sl.png]

http://imgur.com/0IchY7O

[Image: 0IchY7Ol.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
try to set your y-axis values for flow, tidal volume, and minute vent to show details that wont show up at default settings. I would set flow y axis to +60 and -60, and set tidal volume y axis to +800 and +200 ml, and set minute vent to +10 and +4 l/min.

I think what we will see is more distinction between when you are likely having REM sleep and when you are sleeping. I know we will be able to see more clearly when you went to sleep (as tidal volume drops a lot from full wakefulness).

breathing is a bit more variable during REM and I think you are getting most of your CA events during REM sleep. not sure how come one night would be more active than another, but see that in my own and most people's records.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2017, 06:31 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: try to set your y-axis values for flow, tidal volume, and minute vent to show details that wont show up at default settings.  I would set flow y axis to +60 and -60, and set tidal volume y axis to +800 and +200 ml, and set minute vent to +10 and +4 l/min.

I think what we will see is more distinction between when you are likely having REM sleep and when you are sleeping.  I know we will be able to see more clearly when you went to sleep (as tidal volume drops a lot from full wakefulness).

breathing is a bit more variable during REM and I think you are getting most of your CA events during REM sleep.  not sure how come one night would be more active than another, but see that in my own and most people's records.

QAL
QAL,

O.K. so I gave it a try and figured out how to change the Y axis. I set them a bit different from your recommended because they still seemed to tight. I can change if it helps.

http://imgur.com/yOae0R0

Last night I switch to CFlex3 to see what effect that had on my charts. First.......the good, I felt it to be more natural to breath with zero instances of the machine lagging or cutting my airflow off at the top of my breath. The bad.....well the chart is not good and I feel rather beat up today!

My understanding, although I realize from a rather novice perspective is that CFlex will provide less expiratory relief than AFlex. My thought than is that by switching to CFlex I should be able to control events more consistently. My hopes are to lower pressure to avoid Aerophagia. Last night on CFlex the Aerophagia was the worst I have experienced to date.

I need help. I'm close but not sure what direction to proceed. Do I go back to AFlex with 8.5 min 9.0 max or make some changes and keep working on CFlex?

GuppyDRV
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  screaming meme.....sleepless in Yuma Keithp1960 15 1,778 06-21-2020, 02:37 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Sleepless Night Motomom 3 1,189 09-21-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Motomom
  Good Seattle/Puget Sound DME Providers Mountain Head 7 1,624 07-31-2018, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Mountain Head
  [Equipment] Best DME Provider In Seattle jdana24 14 3,452 05-31-2017, 10:56 PM
Last Post: Ephraimh
  Did you watch? Sleepless in America DonC 12 3,967 11-22-2015, 03:59 PM
Last Post: jolycu
  Sleepless in America TyroneShoes 8 3,359 12-04-2014, 09:04 PM
Last Post: TyroneShoes
  [News] “Sleepless in America” - National Geographic Special ApneaNews 1 3,424 11-20-2014, 05:06 PM
Last Post: surferdude2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.