Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepon product
Sleepon product
I was wondering if any support will be added for the sleepon device? I know you can download a report in cvs format. I drop into the 80% range, and it would be nice to chart it with my cpap data. Showed my doctor my graphs. Then had to do another sleep study. All they did was crank up my pressure to 19 and I still show low oxygen levels.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepon product
Welcome to the forum
Get a copy, a full copy with the chart and tables, not just the summary. Then Post a redacted copy in the main forum and we will give you an opinion.  Also a nightly charts from OSCAR.

Because you are showing low oxygen levels at 19 get a recording oximeter compatible with OSCAR so you can validate the readings at home.
With the Pressure at 19 and with low Oc levels ask you doc about getting a BiLevel (High pressure of 25) which should be better able to increase the Air Exchange with the use of PS which should improve your O2 Sats.  If not we should be able help at least some with your machine depending on your settings.

I don't intend to scare but a symptom of Covid is low O2.  Get a Covid test to eliminate it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Responding to your PM publically

Quote:sleepon

I am on bipap machine, but they change the setting so no longer bipap. What oximeter do you suggest? I've been reading about the contec, and i'm a little confused. Do you have to down load data to oscar every day, or do you download data from contec and after several days add it to oscar?
Thanks for any help.
Robert
Manual download from the following is available.
  • Viatom/Wellue SleepU

• Viatom/Wellue O2Ring

• I have the Contec CMS50F
From OSCAR in the Oximeter Wizard

Quote:Welcome to the Oximeter Import Wizard
Pulse Oximeters are medical devices used to measure blood oxygen saturation. During extended Apnea events and abnormal breathing patterns, blood oxygen saturation levels can drop significantly, and can indicate issues that need medical attention.
OSCAR gives you the ability to track Oximetry data alongside CPAP session data, which can give valuable insight into the effectiveness of CPAP treatment. It will also work standalone with your Pulse Oximeter, allowing you to store, track and review your recorded data.
OSCAR is currently compatible with Contec CMS50D+, CMS50E, CMS50F and CMS50I serial oximeters.
(Note: Direct importing from bluetooth models is probably not possible yet)
You may wish to note, other companies, such as Pulox, simply rebadge Contec CMS50's under new names, such as the Pulox PO-200, PO-300, PO-400. These should also work.
It also can read from ChoiceMMed MD300W1 oximeter .dat files.
Please remember: If you are trying to sync oximetry and CPAP data, please make sure you imported your CPAP sessions first before proceeding!
Important Notes: For OSCAR to be able to locate and read directly from your Oximeter device, you need to ensure the correct device drivers (eg. USB to Serial UART) have been installed on your computer. For more information about this, click here.
Contec CMS50D+ devices do not have an internal clock, and do not record a starting time. If you do not have a CPAP session to link a recording to, you will have to enter the start time manually after the import process is completed.
Even for devices with an internal clock, it is still recommended to get into the habit of starting oximeter records at the same time as CPAP sessions, because CPAP internal clocks tend to drift over time, and not all can be reset easily.
It is best to set the Oximeter Time to the CPAP's time so the charts match up.  Import from Oximeters is suggested daily.
Post Reply Post Reply
@trucker512000
I have both the Contec CMS50F and the Wellue SleepU. Both work fine with OSCAR.

The Contec CMS50F only stores one night of data at a time. So you will need to import your Oximeter data from it daily. You would use the supplied cable to transfer the data directly into OSCAR. If you don't transfer the data from it daily it will get erased next time you use it to record. You could also use the supplied software which will store the data in a different format, which can also be imported into OSCAR, but it's not necessary. The software is Windows only.

The Wellue SleepU will store 4 nights of data. You will need to install the software on your computer (Windows, Mac). It uses BLE (Bluetooth) to transfer the data. OSCAR can then import from that data file.

Both units record Oximetry and Pulse.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also have both and just used the Wellue SleepU last night. I find the SleepU far more comfortable to wear than the CMS50F -- the finger part is less intrusive and the wrist unit is more comfortable.

I have questions about the accuracy of the SleepU. It was reporting SpO2 2% to 3% higher than I expected, compared to previous experience with the CMS50F and another oximeter of the type that clips on to the finger.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-23-2020, 12:37 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: I have questions about the accuracy of the SleepU.  It was reporting SpO2 2% to 3% higher than I expected, compared to previous experience with the CMS50F and another oximeter of the type that clips on to the finger.

I thought it was just me!  Next time I am at the Dr I plan on bringing both units with me and compare them to the one the Dr uses.  And/or wear them both overnight, for several nights, and compare the results.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting, I find my SleepU pretty consistent with my CMS50IW for most of the night. If anything, it seems more prone to recording SpO2 drops (89-90%) than the CMS50 does (usually no less than 92%). I wonder if the ring is more prone to reading low if your arm's circulation is impeded (by lying on it, etc.)?

But I've also been thinking about wearing both one night to compare them.
Post Reply Post Reply
well, you all talked me into the sleepu device. I showed my sleep doctor of my sleepon chart when I went down to 76%. She said it was just a blip. but I was under 90% for over 10 minutes. Maybe with this one it will give her a better picture with oscar print out. Have been fighting fatigue for over 6 months. Had a new sleep study but they said oxygen levels ok and cranked my pressure up to 19.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data handling for VERY low SpO2 reading on Viatom product. Ratchick 19 1,317 09-15-2021, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Product review and SleepyHead tutorial of CMS50F recording pulse oximeter wearable MichaelWD64 0 2,518 01-20-2016, 03:39 AM
Last Post: MichaelWD64

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.