Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepweaver Anew
RE: Sleepweaver Anew
PASTED FRON OTHER THREAD...

I have the Anew and I am determined to make it work. Oh the crazy things I have tried...

After a 20 minute talk with a service rep...I need to forget tightening the straps. She said over and over...you probably have the straps too tight. So, I hooked it up, got in bed for about an hour and while it felt like it was leaking...it did not. I am not accustomed to having my mouth fall open...it will open most easily without a chin strap and she said NO CHIN STRAP! It seals better if my jaw opens... so, I upped the humidity a bit as well as used some Biotene for dry mouth. I do not mouth breath, but my jaw has been trained to drop after I had major clenching issues pre diagnosis of sleep apnea. Crazy jaw knew it had to stay in place and not drop back. On its own, (honest!) it decided to clench in order to not fall back and create an apnea event if at all possible....Oh the jaw pain I had for years because of this! Oh-jeez

Yes, it was not even an hour, but my machine was responding to whatever, which it does not do with those way out leaks. With lots of leaks the machine just flatlines it! Tonight will be the big test. Oh how I hope those major leaks just disappear...I need this comfortable mask. So tonight my straps will be loosy goosey...whatever...Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Just got my new Anew, next size up. Testing it and discovered a no leak set up. The lightweight tubing came with it. Have my fingers and toes crossed that I will see good results via Sleepyhead, that all went well. I had been starting out with low leaks but during the night it all changed.

Here's hoping and praying. _/\_
Post Reply Post Reply
Horrible mask. Leaks unless you have it very very tight. Nice concept needs to be perfected. Sat under my eye, kind of poking. Hope they perfect the next version, not ready for prime time yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2016, 09:42 PM)Sharif Wrote: Horrible mask. Leaks unless you have it very very tight. Nice concept needs to be perfected. Sat under my eye, kind of poking. Hope they perfect the next version, not ready for prime time yet.

Yeah...I did not last long. Yet, some do great!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Carcadiance Sleepweaver Anew full face mask optimalsleep 3 987 09-23-2020, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SleepWeaver 3D Cloth Mask RNeil 5 1,606 04-29-2019, 11:39 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  sleepweaver masks ihatesleepapnea2017 3 1,350 04-23-2017, 11:43 AM
Last Post: kowlooner
  SleepWeaver masks - how to get machine to auto adjust? ihatesleepapnea2017 14 2,501 03-17-2017, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Problem with Sleepweaver Advance Nasal Mask Mosquitobait 2 1,790 11-03-2015, 11:45 AM
Last Post: bwexler
Exclaimation [Equipment] bad Anew Odor - AFTER washing!! Help! Illisidi 10 3,854 08-26-2015, 12:38 PM
Last Post: truetopath
  Has Anybody tried the SleepWeaver Anew FFM? GeoffD 2 2,040 03-20-2015, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.