Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepweaver Anew
Sleepweaver Anew
Good Morning,

Any Sleepweaver Anew users out there?

I am wondering how this mask fits over the nose. I purchased one online, bought a regular size and I can't get it to seal.

Is the nasal opening supposed to envelope the nose?
I can't return the one I have and am thinking of ordering a large.
I don't need 2 masks that don't fit.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepweaver Anew
See the sizing guide at the manufacturer's website. It shows where the mask should "hit" on your face.
Middle of chin to bridge of the nose.
If you go from regular to large, it will be 1/4 inch longer in the vertical length; and 1/4 inch wider at the nose.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-03-2014, 11:43 AM)Homertwin Wrote: Good Morning,

I am wondering how this mask fits over the nose. I purchased one online, bought a regular size and I can't get it to seal.

Did you figure out a solution?

I tugged the mask up and down, then left to right after the CPAP was turned on. At a certain point, it seemed the nose fits somehow. The DVD says that you will see a little bit of the black fabric at the bridge of the nose. My problem is that I have to tighten the straps really tight to eliminate leaks -- but then turning my head in bed jostles the straps which moves the mask and creates leaks....

I ordered the large based on the PDF sizing template, but I think I may need a medium.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2015, 10:57 PM)InsomniaBoy Wrote:
(12-03-2014, 11:43 AM)Homertwin Wrote: Good Morning,

Did you figure out a solution?

I tugged the mask up and down, then left to right after the CPAP was turned on. At a certain point, it seemed the nose fits somehow. The DVD says that you will see a little bit of the black fabric at the bridge of the nose. My problem is that I have to tighten the straps really tight to eliminate leaks -- but then turning my head in bed jostles the straps which moves the mask and creates leaks....

I ordered the large based on the PDF sizing template, but I think I may need a medium.

I've tried the Sleepweaver Anew and can't get it to seal no matter what I tried.

I was on the border of needing a large/medium one so I ordered the medium one as per their instructions. The mask is far more comfortable but leaks incessantly whenever I move in my sleep and is hard to get it to reseal. It is also far noisier than my standard RESMED mask that came with my S10. Will persevere to see if I can get it to seal.

Might just use it when I get a travel CPAP machine.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have one of these on the way, but I can return it because I purchased it from Supplier #1 with mask assurance. I am excited to see how it feels and works.

Hopefully it will be my favorite mask! I'm starting a collection.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm interested in trying it out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just started using this mask. I got it from someone who could not use it. It has taken quite a bit of trying different adjustments. I will mark the placement of my straps, so I can easily put it back on.

Today, I think I got it. Since I will can not return it, I trimmed a 1/8th inch diagonal section from the upper nose section. That seemed to really help.

If I am successful with it, I will order the next size up. The comfort is amazing.
Post Reply Post Reply
A friend of mine uses the Anew. He struggled for a couple of years finding a mask, and finally was steered to the Anew by his respiratory therapist. He's a pretty big guy (6' 6", although i don't know his head size), so I was surprised to learn that he's using a SMALL size Anew. The key, he says, is to use a liner with it. He uses the Remzzz LARGE liner.

He swears by this combination.

Go figure!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-28-2015, 05:36 PM)AndyB Wrote: A friend of mine uses the Anew. He struggled for a couple of years finding a mask, and finally was steered to the Anew by his respiratory therapist. He's a pretty big guy (6' 6", although i don't know his head size), so I was surprised to learn that he's using a SMALL size Anew. The key, he says, is to use a liner with it. He uses the Remzzz LARGE liner.

He swears by this combination.

Go figure!

I have some of those! Was also making my own just for the mouth area though.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
WOW... a mask that does not irritate my sinuses...is comfortable, and does not care about leaks...and still delivers great results. For me it is the Anew.

I was trying to paste data from SH, but will just type the critical data...
AHI...1.99 for last night,
AHI average last week...2.53
Average leak rate last night was 67+...90% leak rate was 86.40
Average leak rate for last week was 48...90% leak rate was 75.60

I am making liners just for the mouth area out of microfiber cloth. It is hard at first to get it in place, but am looking to create a special clip on method. I do need a bandaid for the nose area. When able financially I will purchase the next larger size. This one I got at a nice low price.

Now I need to change my profile!:grin:
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Carcadiance Sleepweaver Anew full face mask optimalsleep 3 987 09-23-2020, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SleepWeaver 3D Cloth Mask RNeil 5 1,606 04-29-2019, 11:39 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  sleepweaver masks ihatesleepapnea2017 3 1,350 04-23-2017, 11:43 AM
Last Post: kowlooner
  SleepWeaver masks - how to get machine to auto adjust? ihatesleepapnea2017 14 2,501 03-17-2017, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Problem with Sleepweaver Advance Nasal Mask Mosquitobait 2 1,790 11-03-2015, 11:45 AM
Last Post: bwexler
Exclaimation [Equipment] bad Anew Odor - AFTER washing!! Help! Illisidi 10 3,854 08-26-2015, 12:38 PM
Last Post: truetopath
  Has Anybody tried the SleepWeaver Anew FFM? GeoffD 2 2,040 03-20-2015, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.