Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What to do next in my search for better sleep?
RE: What to do next in my search for better sleep?
It's been a week since my last post. I feel like I'm finally starting to turn the corner in terms of being able to sleep with my CPAP with minimal discomfort. My symptoms are still there, but my body finally seems to be accepting the treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-10-2015, 09:00 PM)the_mad_man Wrote: It's been a week since my last post. I feel like I'm finally starting to turn the corner in terms of being able to sleep with my CPAP with minimal discomfort. My symptoms are still there, but my body finally seems to be accepting the treatment.

Hurray! It does take time. SO glad you are hanging in there.

Best regards,
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-02-2015, 11:17 PM)the_mad_man Wrote: I've slowly increased the minimum pressure on my CPAP from 5 to 8 over the last few weeks and Sleepyhead says that my flow limitations have been greatly reduced. Thanks!

I'm wondering what else I can do to get more deep slow-wave sleep.

The other thing going on is that I get tons of "clear airway" events. My AHI is very low for about the first 5-6 hours of sleep, typically, but the last few hours, I have tons of these clear airway events. I'm wondering what this means.

Hi the_mad_man,

We can update our profile easily by using the My Profile link which members see in the upper right of the banner near the top of our screens.

How large is your Clear-airway Apnea Index (CAI)? Your CAI is the average of how many CA events you have, per hour of sleep.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 268 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,361 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 807 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ
  Thank to the forum search and all those you went before. CPAP machine. quiescence at last 1 498 04-13-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  continuing search for the best mask megabill 13 1,011 03-20-2023, 09:56 AM
Last Post: DaveCar

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.