Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepy Head Data Review
Sleepy Head Data Review
I have been using a Flexi-fit 431 mask the last couple of nights, with what seems to be a great deal of success. I have had no OA at all. What I would appreciate any suggestions anyone thinks would be appropriate. Seems like pressure is all over the board, with spikes steadily heading toward max of 14. Just really curious if there is anything I can do to even it out. Thanks for any comments.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepy Head Data Review
Nope. It's looking good. And no, it is not going to even out. That's the rhythm of an autoPAP.

Doing good!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-10-2015, 07:24 PM)saltydawg2 Wrote: I have been using a Flexi-fit 431 mask the last couple of nights, with what seems to be a great deal of success. I have had no OA at all. What I would appreciate any suggestions anyone thinks would be appropriate. Seems like pressure is all over the board, with spikes steadily heading toward max of 14. Just really curious if there is anything I can do to even it out. Thanks for any comments.

Hi Salty,
Your pressure graph looks a lot like mine, when I'm failing to stay off my back. The pressure spikes seem to correlate with periods of higher Flow Limitation. In your case, it looks like the machine is doing exactly what it was designed to do, and is boosting the pressure in order to (successfully) prevent obstructive events.

If you're not already doing this, it might be worth some experimenting with various means to avoid sleeping on your back - Tennis balls on a Teeshirt, Heavy pillows, or (like me) wearing a backpack full of lumpy items.

Good Luck in finding the key to your therapy!
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Paula , for the words of encouragement. I think sometimes I get overwhelmed by the amount of data, and information here. Might need to back off, some.
Becker, I am posting an earlier graph when I had more OA showing. As you can see, a max pressure of 16 was literally blowing me awake, showing me hit the ejection seat button several times. Graphs do look similar, though. That was a night I KNOW I spent a lot of time on my back; last night very little.
Post Reply Post Reply
I love those plots from Monday night! almost perfect sleep. If you keep on just like that you'll feel so rested....

I bet a bizzillion that you were dreaming something fierce.

it is a bit controversial, but you may be able to pinch off the maximum even more - like at 13.5 or 13 and not suffer any great addition to your apneas.

But, I really think you have it pretty well perfect. I would not change it.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,007 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Sleep Study Review - Missed PLMS? pezhead99 4 331 01-22-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: WhyMe
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 559 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  New"ish" CPAP user. OSCAR review tippmann87 12 715 01-19-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Still Sleepy? HotdogFriendo 4 373 01-15-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.