Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepy Head - .dat files
Sleepy Head - .dat files
I have a Choicemmed MD300W oximeter which saves data as a .dat file. The MedView software that came with it reads the .dat files and is OK for analysis of the figures but it's not much use at all for showing graphical data. The data can also be saved as an .xls file for opening in Microsoft Excel which I have used to create some graphical data.

I have tried using Sleepy Head as their web site states that Sleepy Head software can read the .dat files of a CM MD300W, yet when I try to open one of the .dat files it displays the message "something went wrong getting session data". Has anyone lese managed to open a  .dat file in Sleepy Head or know how to solve this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepy Head - .dat files
There are (at least) two possibilities: The format of the .dat files may have changed with a new version of Choicemed firmware, or the new version of SleepyHead may have introduced a bug into the Choicemed input routines.

I have been looking at SleepyHead code, on and off, for the past year or so, and I am willing to look into this problem. Even if I solve it, we may not get the fix into a release version very soon (for various reasons).

I would need you to send me, via PM, one or more .dat files, and tell me which version of SleepyHead you are using, and which operating system, and, if you can, the firmware version of your Choicemed MD300W.

I'll do what I can to get this fixed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Based off the knowledge that SleepyHead and the CMS50 series data files have a problem with permissions. If you're trying to import the file directly from a Choicemed directory, try copying one .dat file to another location on your PC then try importing.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-29-2017, 05:15 PM)pholynyk Wrote: There are (at least) two possibilities: The format of the .dat files may have changed with a new version of Choicemed firmware, or the new version of SleepyHead may have introduced a bug into the Choicemed input routines.

I have been looking at SleepyHead code, on and off, for the past year or so, and I am willing to look into this problem. Even if I solve it, we may not get the fix into a release version very soon (for various reasons).

I would need you to send me, via PM, one or more .dat files, and tell me which version of SleepyHead you are using, and which operating system, and, if you can, the firmware version of your Choicemed MD300W.

I'll do what I can to get this fixed.

Thank you so much pholynyk, I will send you a PM with some of my .dat files and the other information you have asked for. I very much appreciate your assistance.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-29-2017, 05:29 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Based off the knowledge that SleepyHead and the CMS50 series data files have a problem with permissions.   If you're trying to import the file directly from a Choicemed directory, try copying one .dat file to another location on your PC then try importing.

I have saved  the .dat file to my computer Crimson Nape, I have then been trying to use the oximeter wizard in Sleepy Head to open the file from the saved location. Sleepy Head locates the file but will not open it. Thanks for your reply.
Post Reply Post Reply
hi, I have the  same problem. Have you been able to find a solution to this problem?
Post Reply Post Reply
@leo37 - There is a bug in SleepyHead's handling of the Choicemmed MD300W oximeter .dat files. I have fixed it in my source files, but am not able to send it to JediMark for incorporation into his next version of SleepyHead. Perhaps another way can be found to distribute updated versions.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Files in an upgrade AlanR 2 85 03-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: AlanR
  Getting O2 Insight Pro files to OSCAR? SnoozeBest 7 242 02-26-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: SnoozeBest
  OSCAR Doesn't Recognize Data Files Heaviside 1 201 02-17-2024, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Heaviside
  Data Import hangs midway thru catalogueing EDF files dataq1 4 262 01-14-2024, 02:53 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  Request Copy of Resmed Airsense 10 SDCard core files gedm 6 484 12-14-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: gedm
  How to get raw watchpat data from .dat files? lisaistired 5 574 11-23-2023, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  any example files for OSCAR CSV import enigmatic 8 716 10-28-2023, 02:16 PM
Last Post: lzmontana

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.